A New Product for the mk4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A New Product for the mk4

42 Draft Designs is proud to introduce our latest product – upholstered A-Pillar Gauge Pods for the mk4 VW!

Molded from ABS plastic and professionally upholstered, our A-pillar gauge pods are perfect for holding a single gauge. Unlike the typical A-pillar pod, our pod is designed to be positioned at the lowest point possible without blocking the defrost vent. Our pod fits 2 1/16” (52mm) gauges of any type. The pod is large enough to accommodate mounting brackets, wire and tubing with ease.

Installation is solid and simple. Designed to wrap securely around the A-pillar, tabs of excess fabric extend from 3 mounting points. Use contact cement, hot glue, Velcro ®, or tape to attach the mounting tabs to the back of the stock A-pillar. This product requires no permanent modification and leaves the A-pillar in original condition.

The Pod is available by itself or built into a Gauge Solution. Four solutions are available with a choice of four different VDO boost gauges. Check them out online! www.42draftdesigns.com/mk4apillar.htm

Evan & Glenn
    42 Draft Designs
    www.42draftdesigns.com

Looks good, glad to see the product development, another unique application [Thumbs Up]

Got any pics not so close to see how it looks with the whole interior [Thumbs Up] [Thumbs Up]
    Blair
    Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

Check the site [Thumbs Up]

Comment

HOT! nice job, I really like that product.
        I own a luxury econobox..is that an oxymoron?

Comment

Thanks

Comment

anything available for those of us who have beige interior???
            _2002 MK4 JTI 1.8T_
            \O 8\===\x/===/8 O/

Comment

hey what does it look like int he dark?

I was thinking if there's same glow as the dash board it would look awsome

Comment

We have not been able to and ultimately may not be able to source a suitable match to the beige interior. We will be offering them upholstered in black soon.

At night the vision gauges look like this:

At night the white face gauges look like this:

Comment

Evan,

Anything for a 2002 Passat with side airbags? I really like the look of those...

Edit... Question answered... I found this on your site:
                  [quote]
                  This product requires no permanent modification and leaves the A-pillar in original condition. Some 2001 and later VW vehicles use A-pillar mount airbags. A-pillar pods should NOT be used on these vehicles.

Too bad... I would have liked it.
                  2002 VW Passat Variant -SOLD - Needed to go back to a truck...!

Comment

Why does every company have this A-pillar air-bag disclaimer? Accident pictures show the bag does not come out at the bottom, and unless you're an idiot and drill the a-piller cover to the actual pillar, a gauge is not going to stop it opening. The cover doesn't fly around the cabin, it just splits so the bag can shoot out.

Every company is like this - is it just covering asses for lawsuits or is there something I'm missing?

Khyron
                    Geoff
                    Fear is the element that unites all losers.

Comment

Simply because its impossible to protect some people from their own stupidity :(

One successful lawsuit and we are out of business and you won't be seeing any new products from us :(

Comment

So hypothetically if a person was NOT an idiot, and did NOT bolt the airbag cover to the frame, you would hypothetically have no problem with them putting an A-pillar pod on. Right?

Khyron
                        Geoff
                        Fear is the element that unites all losers.

Comment

Working...
                        X