Oh no rubbing!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh no rubbing!

Doh.. my front wheels are rubbing on me when I'm in a parking lot and do a turn with the wheel cranked to either side.. i know this is rare but I'm thinking if i start cornering on the street they are gonna rub too.. anyone to fix this? spacers? i don't really wanna put spacers upfront because the wheels sit perfectly flush already..

Re: Oh no rubbing!

mine did that when I lowered it and put the 18s on, but it wasnt the tires, it was the front sway. got a new sway... problem solved.

Present
    2010 Audi A4 S-Line
    2007 VW GTI 2.0T

Past
    2003 VW Jetta GLI
    1992 VW Jetta GL
    1984 VW Rabbit GTI

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan
      Doh.. my front wheels are rubbing on me when I'm in a parking lot and do a turn with the wheel cranked to either side.. i know this is rare but I'm thinking if i start cornering on the street they are gonna rub too.. anyone to fix this? spacers? i don't really wanna put spacers upfront because the wheels sit perfectly flush already..
      when are you ever going to be at full lock at a speed higher than parkinglot speed? and look on the bright side, my rears rub all the time, i have big ass grooves dug into my tires on the back
      Simon

Comment

hrmm this sounds like tires mike.. i dunno i hope its not the sway.. i don't see a 45 vs 40 series making that much of a difference

Comment

its ok to rub read my sig
          Art || Tornado Red Jetta GLI

Comment

hrmm this sounds like tires mike.. i dunno i hope its not the sway.. i don't see a 45 vs 40 series making that much of a difference
            Ryan, how wide are your wheels and offset? 8" et35??
            Derick

Comment

8.5 and et35

Comment

How low?

Khyron
                Geoff
                Fear is the element that unites all losers.

Comment

I rub in parkinglots and I'm at stock height with 17's!! Just at near lock though....
                  2006 Colorado Xtreme | AEM CAI | Walker exhaust | smoked glass | -1" dropped rear | Avic D3 | 8000K HID's
                  2002 GTI 1.8t | C1 SS | Upsolute 94 oct | Brullen 2.5" DP | Supersprint catback | Poly mounts | 19" Privat's | FK 55 kit | Projector lights | EVOMS CAI
                  2000 GSXR750 | Hindle Race exhaust | Telefonica replica | K&N intake | Custom ECU

Comment

2" drop i gots

Comment

Aren't you supposed to replace the front bar (or at least get the new end links) if you go over 1.6ish? I'm at 1.5 ish with the 8.5 et35 brocks and I don't rub with the stock bar.

Khyron
                      Last edited by Khyron; 03-30-2004, 07:27 PM.
                      Geoff
                      Fear is the element that unites all losers.

Comment

nah the 02.5+'s have a bigger front sway for some reason.. i don't think its the sway rubbing it sounds like a big surface like the tire.. i dunno it could be..

Comment

i'm at 2" lower and run 8.5" wheels at 35 offset on the front too and dont rub.

WEIRD.

but then again, my tires are stretched more than yours ryan, so perhaps that plays into effect.
                          Simon

Comment

i'm buying toyo t1s next time i guess they stretch good.. then 205s for 8.5s should look tight

Comment

i'm buying toyo t1s next time i guess they stretch good.. then 205s for 8.5s should look tight
                              yah thats a good idea, that'll look fresh and keep the rubbing to a minimum!
                              Simon

Comment

Working...
                              X