24V Guys...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 24V Guys...

Just wondering if any of you 24V guys (Mike, Paul, Volinder)... are having any warm stall issues? I never had a problem until today, when I tried to leave the garage. Also, do you guys have the second gear grind everyone is talking about with the 6-speed? Mine's more of a second gear clunk. I know someone on the Vortex had their tranny oil replaced by the dealer to try and help with this, along with quieting the transmission down, because I know mine is annoyingly loud. I've even had friends driving beside me comment. :(

http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=1267465
    Sidewalks are for normal walkin.... aint no room for fancy walkin....

Re: 24V Guys...

I did have the warm stall issue a while back (like a year ago) Northland must've taken care of it when I brought it in for its 16,000k, because it hasn't done it since.. and I didnt even mention it to them!

I have heard/felt the grind in 2nd a couple of times, but that could just be due to my foots inability to keep up with my short shifter as it has only happened 2 or 3 times.

Present
    2010 Audi A4 S-Line
    2007 VW GTI 2.0T

Past
    2003 VW Jetta GLI
    1992 VW Jetta GL
    1984 VW Rabbit GTI

Comment

Originally posted by liquid
      Just wondering if any of you 24V guys (Mike, Paul, Volinder)... are having any warm stall issues? I never had a problem until today, when I

Yes, I was having many issues with the warm start stall. I just picked up my car from Northland yesterday after having this ECU code reflash. So far I have had no issues, but it only has been a day. The code is brand new, and so far I haven't heard of anyone else running it yet.
      2013 Audi S4 Estoril Blue Crystal
      2017 Audi Q7 Glacier White Metallic

Comment

Originally posted by null
        Yes, I was having many issues with the warm start stall. I just picked up my car from Northland yesterday after having this ECU code reflash. So far I have had no issues, but it only has been a day. The code is brand new, and so far I haven't heard of anyone else running it yet.
        I saw a brand new Plat grey GLI heading west on country hills blvd on tuesday night. could that have been you? (I was turning left onto Shaganappi,I drive a plat grey GLI w/ many mods)

Present
        2010 Audi A4 S-Line
        2007 VW GTI 2.0T

Past
        2003 VW Jetta GLI
        1992 VW Jetta GL
        1984 VW Rabbit GTI

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Burns
          I saw a brand new Plat grey GLI heading west on country hills blvd on tuesday night. could that have been you? (I was turning left onto Shaganappi,I drive a plat grey GLI w/ many mods)

Possibly, mine has clear sidemarkers, and a VW Sharan stubby antenna. I was over in that area, I just can't remeber if it was Tuesday night.
          2013 Audi S4 Estoril Blue Crystal
          2017 Audi Q7 Glacier White Metallic

Comment

The Technical Service Bulletin on the 6 speed transmission (O2M) also applies to 337's, 20th Anniversary GTI's and 04 Jetta GLI's as they all use the O2M transmission.

I might have to investigate this and get mine changed.

Edit: actually, maybe I'm wrong about the 04 Jetta GLI because they may have fixed it by now. Not sure... but definitely the 02 and 03 models.
            Last edited by Billip; 03-25-2004, 02:10 PM.
            billip
            2013 Audi RS 5

Comment

Yea... I think I might make an appointment with Northland to get the ECU reflash... and while I'm there I'll talk to them about the tranny problem.

Comment

I've had the stall problem once or twice and the second gear grind a couple of times. I don't think it's a big deal though since its happened a couple of times in the past.
                Paul

Mayonnaise colour Benz, I push Miracle Whips!

Comment

The day I got my car I had some warm stall issues. I reallly haven't had it lately, I have a feeling I haven't heard the last of it. As for the 2nd gear grind, it really hasn't been a problem. Interestingly my wife says she hears a click everytime she shifts into second gear.

Volinder

P.S. I love this engine, I went from vr6 to 1.8t, and now i'm back and never looking back.
                  2004 Nissan Murano

2006 BMW 330i, 6 -speed, Sparkling Graphite, Sport package, Premium package

Comment

Volinder... I think I saw you a few days ago near 16th ave. Nice A4 on rims?

Comment

I'm putting my Mille Miglia rims on my a4 tommorow. Should look a little nicer.
                      2004 Nissan Murano

2006 BMW 330i, 6 -speed, Sparkling Graphite, Sport package, Premium package

Comment

Working...
                      X