Ecode upgrades on Jetta???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ecode upgrades on Jetta???

I would like to go to Hella Ecodes because from what I read they are the best. I did notice, however that QMR Motorsports (in Canada) has "European Jetta headlights on sale for $259. Are they any good or would I be better off holding out for the Hellas? Hella Ecodes seem to be running close to $600. Anyone know of any place cheaper or anyone selling so they can upgrade? I still want to spend my $$$ in Canada.

All advice appreciated.

Re: Ecode upgrades on Jetta???

Originally posted by 1oldfrt
    I would like to go to Hella Ecodes because from what I read they are the best. I did notice, however that QMR Motorsports (in Canada) has "European Jetta headlights on sale for $259. Are they any good or would I be better off holding out for the Hellas? Hella Ecodes seem to be running close to $600. Anyone know of any place cheaper or anyone selling so they can upgrade? I still want to spend my $$$ in Canada.
    All advice appreciated.
    "The best" are OEM European HID's. If I had things to do over again, I would get HID's rather than just e-codes.

The next best are probably the projector HID knockoffs with the built in angel eyes (in-pro?). These are already available for the Golf and are on their way (supposedly) for the Jetta.
    KR
    Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

There is a reason they're half the price of Hella e-codes, because they're DEPO e-codes. Depo's are said to have a worse beam-pattern.

So they'll look the same, and do basically the same thing, but the Hella ones will give a better light output.

that said, if you truly are looking for "the best" then go HID's, but thats $2000.
      Simon

Comment

Originally posted by Simon
        There is a reason they're half the price of Hella e-codes, because they're DEPO e-codes. Depo's are said to have a worse beam-pattern.

So they'll look the same, and do basically the same thing, but the Hella ones will give a better light output.

that said, if you truly are looking for "the best" then go HID's, but thats $2000.
        Although, my Jetta E-codes have a really good beam pattern.
        KR
        Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

Working...
        X