Suspension setup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suspension setup

Just thought I would share the plan for my suspension setup.

Cup Kit rear shocks and race (cup kit) springs, cup kit front shocks and sport springs. The idea is to get a level ride with modest drop, harder spring rate in the rear for less understeer, good ability to handle mid corner bumps, good traction out of the corners. I am not sure if the spring combo will completely alleviate the need for front/rear sways but it will certainly bring me closer to neutral and the sways can then be changed to fine tune as opposed to dominate the setup.
    EU Tuning
    European Performance Products
    www.eutuning.ca
    slomas@upsolute.com

Re: Suspension setup

Looked sweet to me (from what I saw of it). I forgot to ask how it handles, would've been the first thing I asked a few months ago, now all I can think about is slammed Wagons .
    Jay

Comment

Shine setup Simon, apparently the best handling setup ever!
      Nick
      There are only two infinites, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
      --Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by Smartiepants
        I know but Dick is not interested in any drop. I am.
        EU Tuning
        www.eutuning.ca
        slomas@upsolute.com

Comment

Originally posted by Smartiepants
          If memory serves me correctly, that almost is a Shine setup isn't it? (At least drop-wise.) I think the Shine kit drops a little more in the back than the front. Most "experts" seem to agree that its best not to drop the front too much if you want optimum handling. Something to do with suspension geometry and the lower arms being past parallel with the ground. I dunno, its a little ways beyond my comprehension, but there is a 14 page thread in the suspension forum on the vortex if you really care.
          Pat
          Driver Found: Camber Wanted

Comment

Originally posted by MrHeavyFoot
            If memory serves me correctly, that almost is a Shine setup isn't it? (At least drop-wise.) I think the Shine kit drops a little more in the back than the front. Most "experts" seem to agree that its best not to drop the front too much if you want optimum handling. Something to do with suspension geometry and the lower arms being past parallel with the ground. I dunno, its a little ways beyond my comprehension, but there is a 14 page thread in the suspension forum on the vortex if you really care.
            Yes, I have looked at the shine setup and that was one of my motives for not running the front as low but ( and a big but at that) he has extremely high spring rates which is indisputably great for the track but I didn't want the car to feel nevous and skippy when I drive fast on the road. Also, it just isnt enough drop for me to get my car into shows this summer without people laughing at it
            EU Tuning
            www.eutuning.ca
            slomas@upsolute.com

Comment

Working...
            X