Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Curiousity kills the cat again or I tried to take apart my turbo.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Curiousity kills the cat again or I tried to take apart my turbo.

So I bought a second hand turbo (T03 .42/.48) for my other car and decided I would spend a couple bucks and get a rebuild kit. I thought it would be a good learning experience to try and do it myself.

Amazingly enough I got all the bolts loose without shearing any off, I got the compressor housing off and all the feed lines and only suffered marginal damage to my knuckles. More impressive yet was that I did it on my living room table while watching TV.

I, however, cannot get the shaft to budge off the compressor wheel. I have given it some gentle nudging but I have yet to really whallop the crap out of it to make it slide off.

Anyway, most of the novelty has worn off and I am looking for a Calgary shop that rebuilds turbos to take care of the rest of the job. I have all the parts and I am reasonably certain I haven't damaged the shaft or either of the wheels.

Can anyone recommend a place in town that can do this sort of work?

Thanks!

Re: Curiousity kills the cat again or I tried to take apart my turbo.

Originally posted by NeonGTI
    So I bought a second hand turbo (T03 .42/.48) for my other car and decided I would spend a couple bucks and get a rebuild kit. I thought it would be a good learning experience to try and do it myself.

Amazingly enough I got all the bolts loose without shearing any off, I got the compressor housing off and all the feed lines and only suffered marginal damage to my knuckles. More impressive yet was that I did it on my living room table while watching TV.

I, however, cannot get the shaft to budge off the compressor wheel. I have given it some gentle nudging but I have yet to really whallop the crap out of it to make it slide off.

Anyway, most of the novelty has worn off and I am looking for a Calgary shop that rebuilds turbos to take care of the rest of the job. I have all the parts and I am reasonably certain I haven't damaged the shaft or either of the wheels.

Can anyone recommend a place in town that can do this sort of work?

Thanks!
    If you find out, let us know.
    KR
    Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

I KNOW there is a place in town (or at least was) as I heard some guys talking about it a long time ago. I know there is a place in Edmonton that does it.

Why does Edmonton have half the population but they seem to have WAY more specialty services?

Comment

Zippy's Turbo in Edmonton is the be all and end all of Turbo shops around here
        Dale Willimus

Comment

Try Alamo Industry here in Calgary, they rebuild turbos. They are across from Varsity Chyrsler and Beaver Dam car wash.

Comment

Originally posted by vw2nv
            Try Alamo Industry here in Calgary, they rebuild turbos. They are across from Varsity Chyrsler and Beaver Dam car wash.
            ALAMO! Yes! That was the name I was trying to remember!

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
            X