APR Comming to Diablo Performance!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• APR Comming to Diablo Performance!

I just met this cool guy out at the races on saturday night, he drives a crazy ass Focus (its mean!) anyways he refered me to his mechanic up in Red deer who owns Diablo Performance. I gave this dude a ring and hes a really nice guy. He was straight up and told me that he doesnt know much about VW's but he is learning alot about them. He also told me that he is planning to have a deal worked out with APR in the next couple weeks. From what Atomic(The guy in the Focus) told me, his prices are super competitive. I cant wait to see if this thing with APR actually pans out, or if this dude is just another C1.
    ---------------------

Aly

"Is it still considered paying for sex if you skip out on the bill?"

Re: APR Comming to Diablo Performance!

that would be swell if that happened actually cuz my parents are out there and thats closer than edmonton! i've seen stuff on diablo on beyond and they seem to be a really good shop..
    but in all honesty if C1 doesn't get their crap together by the time they get APR or whatever all of us who want chips are gonna be gone and no business for them

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan
      that would be swell if that happened actually cuz my parents are out there and thats closer than edmonton! i've seen stuff on diablo on beyond and they seem to be a really good shop..
      but in all honesty if C1 doesn't get their crap together by the time they get APR or whatever all of us who want chips are gonna be gone and no business for them
      you said it. I still wouldn't mind something more local than Edmonton.
      Neil
      '03 Silver Jetta 1.8T - gone, but not forgotten

mods to my car

Comment

I've already made my decision... APR is good, but how long must someone wait? Edmonton has Revo. Edmonton has me. Anyone know if the ECU can be programmed without the car? I'd like to just mail my stock/spare ECU.

Comment

Originally posted by seanfournier
          I've already made my decision... APR is good, but how long must someone wait? Edmonton has Revo. Edmonton has me. Anyone know if the ECU can be programmed without the car? I'd like to just mail my stock/spare ECU.
          You don't need the car to do it. However, make sure both ECU's work before sending the second one off.
          KR
          Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

yes ECU's can be programmed without the car, thats how I got chipped.

sent my ECU to TRAC Racing in montreal to do the GIAC chip. shipped overnight, chipped, shipped back overnight. very pleasant experience.
            Simon

Comment

Originally posted by Kor
              You don't need the car to do it. However, make sure both ECU's work before sending the second one off.
              Reason I asked is because it isn't an EEPROM that gets installed. Its just a flash through the ODB2 port. Now, if REVO flashes a ECu then they would have to have some sort of dummy interface between the programmer and the ECu
              Last edited by seanfournier; 03-21-2004, 10:43 AM.

Comment

ECU can be programmed without the car. Talk to the guys at Matrix Motorsports. They are supposed to be getting a bench flashing setup from Revo where they reflash your ecu out of the car (don't even need to open up the ecu).

Comment

sean revo can bench flash.. matrix said they should have the cable by the end of this month but until then ODB2 only..

Comment

Working...
                  X