Short Shifter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Short Shifter

So, finally bought a short shifter, just to try it out, got a smoking deal on it....hopefully it should show up in my mail soon! Its made by AutoThority, not sure on the brand, seem to do alot of BMW and Porsche stuff....worth a try though! Just waiting to hear on my DV, and hopefully some springs and shocks soon!!
    2006 Colorado Xtreme | AEM CAI | Walker exhaust | smoked glass | -1" dropped rear | Avic D3 | 8000K HID's
    2002 GTI 1.8t | C1 SS | Upsolute 94 oct | Brullen 2.5" DP | Supersprint catback | Poly mounts | 19" Privat's | FK 55 kit | Projector lights | EVOMS CAI
    2000 GSXR750 | Hindle Race exhaust | Telefonica replica | K&N intake | Custom ECU

Re: Short Shifter

Originally posted by TurboMedic
    So, finally bought a short shifter, just to try it out, got a smoking deal on it....hopefully it should show up in my mail soon! Its made by AutoThority, not sure on the brand, seem to do alot of BMW and Porsche stuff....worth a try though! Just waiting to hear on my DV, and hopefully some springs and shocks soon!!
    Do you know the aprox % reduction? Does it reduce horizontal throw as well as vertical?
    KR
    Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

never heard of.. i know the autotech one is just a painted black TT..

Comment

Yeah, the autotech is only 20% so I didn't get it....but its cheap....I would have liked the C1 cause its adjustable, but its expensive....I've been looking this one up more, Autothority.com is the main site...and it lists for $249 US....

EDIT: Finally found on the site that this is a 40% reduction shifter....sweet....
        Last edited by Aleks; 03-20-2004, 05:59 PM.
        2006 Colorado Xtreme | AEM CAI | Walker exhaust | smoked glass | -1" dropped rear | Avic D3 | 8000K HID's
        2002 GTI 1.8t | C1 SS | Upsolute 94 oct | Brullen 2.5" DP | Supersprint catback | Poly mounts | 19" Privat's | FK 55 kit | Projector lights | EVOMS CAI
        2000 GSXR750 | Hindle Race exhaust | Telefonica replica | K&N intake | Custom ECU

Comment

C1 is now carrying the B&M short shifter - isn't that one of the best ones you can get?

Khyron
          Geoff
          Fear is the element that unites all losers.

Comment

umm i think the B&M is good yea but i think the dieselgeek is a better one .. the B&M replaces the stuff up front so you have this haggard boot and knob setup..

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan
              umm i think the B&M is good yea but i think the dieselgeek is a better one .. the B&M replaces the stuff up front so you have this haggard boot and knob setup..
              You could use both!

The DG is the best under-hood short shift thingy... but I bet the B&M feels good. If it didn't have the knob built-in I would consider it... not so crazy about that knob.

I don't see why it would look haggard?
              KR
              Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

The dieselgeek is the only one that I know of that reduces side to side throw as well. I dunno, I don't mind how it is stock. My hand is already faster than my clutch foot.
                Nick
                There are only two infinites, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
                --Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by Kor
                  Do you know the aprox % reduction? Does it reduce horizontal throw as well as vertical?
                  i have this short shifter where its 100% reduction both ways. lol! so i just put my hand on it, and think which gear to shift into next, and it just does it, now thats short!

ok nuff of stupid me, i dont think short shifters will make you shift all that much faster... what i mean, you wont win races you were losing because of one. maybe if you want the nice feeling or something, fine.
                  2002 VW Golf GT TDI
                  2016 VW Passat BiTDI

Comment

Yeah, I don't intend to shift any quicker, I just like how much more comfortable the shifts are when they are shorter.....Ever see a video inside of an R32?? Factory built short throw shifting, looks really nice, hope to duplicate that....I just have so much arm movement when I actually shift.....

Comment

nope i havent, have the link to the vid?
                      2002 VW Golf GT TDI
                      2016 VW Passat BiTDI

Comment

Originally posted by TurboMedic
                        Yeah, I don't intend to shift any quicker, I just like how much more comfortable the shifts are when they are shorter.....Ever see a video inside of an R32?? Factory built short throw shifting, looks really nice, hope to duplicate that....I just have so much arm movement when I actually shift.....
                        Typically, the shorter the shift, the harder and notchier the throw becomes.
                        Neil
                        '03 Silver Jetta 1.8T - gone, but not forgotten

mods to my car

Comment

Originally posted by bart
                          nope i havent, have the link to the vid?
                          I'll find it again, it was in the vortex R32 forums...

Comment

Working...
                          X