24 valve vr6 - warm start stall issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 24 valve vr6 - warm start stall issue

I believe this has been mentioned on here before, however I did a search and didn't come up with anything.

Has anyone with a 24 valve vr6, that is experiencing the warm start stall issue (vwvortex ), gotten any of the local dealerships to actually do anything about it?

I just dropped my GLI off today at Northland and they checked the ecu code version (and said it was the most recent) and they checked the fuel system. They have said everything checks out. However, last weekend I had the warm start stall / rev bounce 5 times. This is getting to be quite annoying.

New code is now available for 2002 / 2003 2.8L 24v VR6's that is said to fix this problem. I just picked my car from Northland and had my ECU reflashed with this new code. Hopefully it works.
    Last edited by null; 03-24-2004, 08:23 PM. Reason: UPDATE
    2013 Audi S4 Estoril Blue Crystal
    2017 Audi Q7 Glacier White Metallic

Re: 24 valve vr6 - warm start stall issue

Originally posted by null
    I just dropped my GLI off today at Northland and they checked the ecu code version (and said it was the most recent) and they checked the fuel system. They have said everything checks out. However, last weekend I had the warm start stall / rev bounce 5 times. This is getting to be quite annoying.
    I have an occasional cold-start problem, Northland also couldn't tell me what it was...
    KR
    Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

How to know when you've been working on code too much in a day: when I first saw this thread was posted by "null" I said to myself "oh I better fix that".

*shudder*

billip
      2013 Audi RS 5

Comment

LOL bill. that is some funny sh*t

Present
        2010 Audi A4 S-Line
        2007 VW GTI 2.0T

Past
        2003 VW Jetta GLI
        1992 VW Jetta GL
        1984 VW Rabbit GTI

Comment

Thats creepy weird...that happened to me today!
          Paul

Mayonnaise colour Benz, I push Miracle Whips!

Comment

I just picked up my GLI yesterday and I'm having the same problem. The tach bounces after a warm start, and even shuts off if I don't give it a little gas. I found that a little peculiar.
            2004 Nissan Murano

2006 BMW 330i, 6 -speed, Sparkling Graphite, Sport package, Premium package

Comment

billip -> Ahahahaahahahahah.
              2002 VW Golf GT TDI
              2016 VW Passat BiTDI

Comment

Working...
              X