Monsoon reprogrammed, WOW!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monsoon reprogrammed, WOW!

So I had my monsoon deck replaced last month, and I thought they put in a premium6 deck (non-monsoon), it was clicking on startup, and no monsoon on the display, so I brought it back in today to be looked at down at NL (happened to run into Bart too).....I get it back, and sure enough fires up saying Monsoon, first thing I notice is the volume is a bit lower for the level its turned to....I fiddled with the knobs a bit, put in a good disk, and cranked it a bit....The difference is night and day, a properly coded radio is phenomenal!!! I'm so loving this thing now, its tight and crisp, no distortion, it never was this good before even with the first deck! Anyhow, I'm happy now, because I can agree with people who say VW Monsoons are one of the better factory setups, it even shakes my rearview mirrors! Anywho, it was just a Vag coding thing, easy fix! Thought I would share
    2006 Colorado Xtreme | AEM CAI | Walker exhaust | smoked glass | -1" dropped rear | Avic D3 | 8000K HID's
    2002 GTI 1.8t | C1 SS | Upsolute 94 oct | Brullen 2.5" DP | Supersprint catback | Poly mounts | 19" Privat's | FK 55 kit | Projector lights | EVOMS CAI
    2000 GSXR750 | Hindle Race exhaust | Telefonica replica | K&N intake | Custom ECU

Re: Monsoon reprogrammed, WOW!

wait until you get the delta 6. it will be even better. i think i will have to do that too. the touareg i dont think it will fit properly...
    2002 VW Golf GT TDI
    2016 VW Passat BiTDI

Comment

Originally posted by bart
      wait until you get the delta 6. it will be even better. i think i will have to do that too. the touareg i dont think it will fit properly...
      I looked at it when I got back, I think it is too curved....I wasn't sold on the looks either, so I'll wait till a Delta comes my way then!
      2006 Colorado Xtreme | AEM CAI | Walker exhaust | smoked glass | -1" dropped rear | Avic D3 | 8000K HID's
      2002 GTI 1.8t | C1 SS | Upsolute 94 oct | Brullen 2.5" DP | Supersprint catback | Poly mounts | 19" Privat's | FK 55 kit | Projector lights | EVOMS CAI
      2000 GSXR750 | Hindle Race exhaust | Telefonica replica | K&N intake | Custom ECU

Comment

Does anyone have pics of this Delta 6?
        Neil
        '03 Silver Jetta 1.8T - gone, but not forgotten

mods to my car

Comment

hopefully i get the one i'm bidding on tommorow if not i guess next time

Comment

Now I'm confused. What makes this thing better than the others?
            Neil

mods to my car

Comment

its made by blaupunkt its 200W's. it works with monsoon and non monsoons setups.
              its doesn't have the lame tape. the screen is bigger. it has RDS (radio stations send text for songs,etc) it has TIM (same as RDS but traffic info from the city.. ie deerfoot icy) umm it has a digital signal proc.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan
                its made by blaupunkt its 200W's. it works with monsoon and non monsoons setups.
                its doesn't have the lame tape. the screen is bigger. it has RDS (radio stations send text for songs,etc) it has TIM (same as RDS but traffic info from the city.. ie deerfoot icy) umm it has a digital signal proc.
                Do Calgary radio stations have support for all of these functions? Can it play mp3s? The tape sucks. I never use it. and it looks fugly. You've piqued my interest.
                Last edited by 1.8Trip; 03-09-2004, 12:15 PM.
                Neil

mods to my car

Comment

no mp3 :( some radio stations here do it i think.. i know vancouver and the east coast they all do it same with the traffic info..

Comment

Yeah, i'm pretty interested in this too. Ryan, do you know if it plugs right in and will work? Does it need any special wiring harness or to be reprogrammed in any way? Do you know if it works with NA 6-disc changers?

I'm gonna do some research on Vortex.
                    billip
                    2013 Audi RS 5

Comment

Ryan: is there any way to get it that isn't german e-bay?

Present
                      2010 Audi A4 S-Line
                      2007 VW GTI 2.0T

Past
                      2003 VW Jetta GLI
                      1992 VW Jetta GL
                      1984 VW Rabbit GTI

Comment

Originally posted by Billip
                        Yeah, i'm pretty interested in this too. Ryan, do you know if it plugs right in and will work? Does it need any special wiring harness or to be reprogrammed in any way? Do you know if it works with NA 6-disc changers?

I'm gonna do some research on Vortex.
                        Ok... I figured some of this out:

1. Should plug right into the NA wiring harness. Only problem might be if you want to enable text display on MFA.

2. The jury is still out on the VAG-COM code... although it works all the time, it might not sound best. The best code I found so far was "00033".

3. Yes, works with NA 6-disc changer.

Check out this thread on Vortex if you want some more info.
                        billip
                        2013 Audi RS 5

Comment

Mike umm not really german or UK ebay i tried UK but no real luck on the Delta.. i asked PG and they couldn't find it.. hillside never got back to me.. TM tuning quoted 900bucks!!!
                          bill to answer your ?'s you figured it out lol

Comment

hey boys, ya i think i will take the single din equivalent, and get the GAMMA 5. wiring double din to a single din car is a pain...

nice thing with the euro radios are that they are made by blaupunkt, these higher end models sound better than most aftermarket radios out there, and apparently coding it to your car properly makes a diff. like in the GAMMA, there is coding for golf and jetta, i guess because of the dynamics of the interior or something. people say day and night difference. also, i can code it for amplifier, which i have, and just buy the rca adapter. and i'm set. i cant wait!!!!

billip, now you want a full mfa cluster for your radio dont you... ?

here is more coding info: http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=1103768
                            2002 VW Golf GT TDI
                            2016 VW Passat BiTDI

Comment

Working...
                            X