Forge is in.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forge is in.

I was bored today and was getting sick of the honking so I finally installed my Forge 007 DV. Woohooo! 10 hp at least with this thing! ..... J/K. All I can say for now is it looks nice (also looks stock) and the honking is gone. That's enough to make me happy.

Neil
    '03 Silver Jetta 1.8T - gone, but not forgotten

mods to my car

Re: Forge is in.

looks good neil.. any change in boost readings or sounds?

ps.. does your engine cover fit back on?

Comment

I'm gonna pick one up this week aswell....how much did you pay? Ditto on the engine cover question...
      2006 Colorado Xtreme | AEM CAI | Walker exhaust | smoked glass | -1" dropped rear | Avic D3 | 8000K HID's
      2002 GTI 1.8t | C1 SS | Upsolute 94 oct | Brullen 2.5" DP | Supersprint catback | Poly mounts | 19" Privat's | FK 55 kit | Projector lights | EVOMS CAI
      2000 GSXR750 | Hindle Race exhaust | Telefonica replica | K&N intake | Custom ECU

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan
        ps.. does your engine cover fit back on?
        looks like the 007 stealth, am i rite?

and the 007 fits under the engine cover, i know mine does.
        Simon

Comment

Ryan, I didn't notice too much difference from my stock valve. It doesn't sound louder to me. The boost holds pretty much the same. Cruise at ~20inHG, WOT spike at ~13 psi (this seems to be slight lower than what I was reading before - ~14psi), and settles solidly at ~10psi. I think the lower spike is a good thing cuz when i get chipped it'll make it a bit less likely that I'll get limp mode.

Alex, I got it from C1 for $189 plus the nvd 10% dicount on top of that. The engine cover doesn't fit back on b/c of the hose I am using for the boost gauge. If you are using the stock hose with the bend on the end, the cover will fit.

Simon, yup, that's my stealth 007 DV that says Forge on it for the techs to see.
          Neil

mods to my car

Comment

Originally posted by 1.8Trip
            The engine cover doesn't fit back on b/c of the hose I am using for the boost gauge. If you are using the stock hose with the bend on the end, the cover will fit.
            If you use the bendy hose, it will fit. However, the hose will rub on the engine cover. After about a month, I found that it was wearing away the hose itself.

I would say that reversing the valve is the best bet to get it to fit properly.
            KR
            Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

Neil, did you buy the spring kit?
              2012 gti, 2012 mustang.

Comment

Yup, $21 plus the nvd discount.
                Neil

mods to my car

Comment

Originally posted by 1.8Trip
                  Ryan, I didn't notice too much difference from my stock valve. It doesn't sound louder to me. The boost holds pretty much the same. Cruise at ~20inHG, WOT spike at ~13 psi (this seems to be slight lower than what I was reading before - ~14psi), and settles solidly at ~10psi. I think the lower spike is a good thing cuz when i get chipped it'll make it a bit less likely that I'll get limp mode.

Alex, I got it from C1 for $189 plus the nvd 10% dicount on top of that. The engine cover doesn't fit back on b/c of the hose I am using for the boost gauge. If you are using the stock hose with the bend on the end, the cover will fit.

Simon, yup, that's my stealth 007 DV that says Forge on it for the techs to see.

Wow, so you cruise at -20inHg? I cruise at 10.....weird....I also hold about 13 w/spikes at 14+ (hit limp ince or twice, wierd for stock).... I didn't know you could change the springs in those, just the red race ones? Have you tried it reversed yet for the sound?
                  2006 Colorado Xtreme | AEM CAI | Walker exhaust | smoked glass | -1" dropped rear | Avic D3 | 8000K HID's
                  2002 GTI 1.8t | C1 SS | Upsolute 94 oct | Brullen 2.5" DP | Supersprint catback | Poly mounts | 19" Privat's | FK 55 kit | Projector lights | EVOMS CAI
                  2000 GSXR750 | Hindle Race exhaust | Telefonica replica | K&N intake | Custom ECU

Comment

he messed up.. you cruise at -10

Comment

Hrm 189 from C1 is actually a really good price even without discount - PG is charging 225 (ripoff). If they get the forge tip I'd buy both from them for sure.

Khyron
                      Geoff
                      Fear is the element that unites all losers.

Comment

Originally posted by Khyron
                        Hrm 189 from C1 is actually a really good price even without discount - PG is charging 225 (ripoff). If they get the forge tip I'd buy both from them for sure.

Khyron
                        I bought mine for $165 straight from a forge distributor.
                        Simon

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan
                          he messed up.. you cruise at -10
                          Yeah, I messed up. I meant idle at ~20inHg.
                          Neil

mods to my car

Comment

Originally posted by TurboMedic
                            Wow, so you cruise at -20inHg? I cruise at 10.....weird....I also hold about 13 w/spikes at 14+ (hit limp ince or twice, wierd for stock).... I didn't know you could change the springs in those, just the red race ones? Have you tried it reversed yet for the sound?
                            Alex, you hold at 13 psi and you've hit limp mode? Now that's weird. What do you have for mods?

It's kinda strange at C1 you can get the DVR and it comes with the springs while the piston-type sells the springs separately. The price works out identical if you get both the DV and the springs.

I haven't tried it reversed yet. I am not too concerned about the sound, but I would like to eventually put the cover back on so I might give 'er a try.
                            Last edited by 1.8Trip; 03-07-2004, 11:41 PM.
                            Neil

mods to my car

Comment

i havent tried it reverse either, and i have a huge blow off from my cold air intake, so I don't see the point, but maybe i'll do it this summer.
                              Simon

Comment

Working...
                              X