Run in with Dodge 5.9 R/T

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Run in with Dodge 5.9 R/T

O.K. so I have heard that these were fast.

Yesterday morning at the lights on deerfoot and douglasedale what rolls up next to me? A blue R/T Dakota 5.9. Light turns green and I lurch off the line to see if he wants to go, and go he does. Now let me say that these are actually pretty quick from a standstill. I let him go through 1st gear and then step on it in 2nd. By this time he has a good 3 cars on me. Shift into 3rd and we're door to door. By the end of 3rd my green jellybean is walkin hard. At 'bout 190 I've got at least 5 cars on him.

The guy must have been peeved, cause he did a close fly-by after I slowed for my turnoff.
    2012 gti, 2012 mustang.

Re: Run in with Dodge 5.9 R/T

Nice work Chad!
    Attached Files
    Blair
    Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

WOW! haha thats pretty good.. i was telling some of the guys at the meet.
      thursday morning i'm coming to work and its like 620 and i'm like 1/4 awake lol and some stupid CRX is at the lights with me on crowchild starts revving i'm like ah man wtf... so i drive a little faster than normal and shift at 4000 in 1st and 2nd then floor it in third.. i owned him bad and i was honestly not even racing lol.. then beeeeb beeee ricer flyby!!! i was like wicked!

Comment

Ive been racing too many honda's.... im gonna start saving gas... there too slow =)
        2008 BMW 135i | M Package | JB3 | DCI | BMW Performance Exhaust

Comment

It's kinda funny... it seems everyone wants to race against VW's. I guess people think it's easy; but little do they know
          Sidewalks are for normal walkin.... aint no room for fancy walkin....

Comment

street racing is wrong guys!

edit: lol jk jk jk
            Simon

Comment

Ha, my daily commute involves deerfoot, crowchild, and a little glenmore tr. Almost 90km round trip. So I get a lot of chances to wind out my car.

Rollin 15" stockers with skinny little all seasons now, kind of a sleeper I guess.

Recent kills include a newer mazda protege (not even close), new wrx (this guy quit as soon as I passed him) newer mustang gt (pretty close) and a smattering of rice not worth mentioning (warm weather seems to bring these out)
              2012 gti, 2012 mustang.

Comment

very nice =) I gotta take a spin in that stage 2 =)

QuA

Comment

Anytime Mike.

My car has ran great since the turbo uprgrade, but there is potential for more power. Stock injectors are maxed out and software is very conservative. 15psi to redline. 20psi would be perfect I think.
                  2012 gti, 2012 mustang.

Comment

Originally posted by KLOBIONEKINOBI
                    O.K. so I have heard that these were fast.

Yesterday morning at the lights on deerfoot and douglasedale what rolls up next to me? A blue R/T Dakota 5.9. Light turns green and I lurch off the line to see if he wants to go, and go he does. Now let me say that these are actually pretty quick from a standstill. I let him go through 1st gear and then step on it in 2nd. By this time he has a good 3 cars on me. Shift into 3rd and we're door to door. By the end of 3rd my green jellybean is walkin hard. At 'bout 190 I've got at least 5 cars on him.

The guy must have been peeved, cause he did a close fly-by after I slowed for my turnoff.
                    Maybe he was playing with you?

BTW 190 on Deerfoot?!?! Don't ya think that was kinda dumbass?

Comment

190 on deerfoot is slow. Try doing that down 53rd.

QuA

Originally posted by Gazoo
                      Maybe he was playing with you?

BTW 190 on Deerfoot?!?! Don't ya think that was kinda dumbass?

Comment

Pretty sure he wasnt playing with me.

By the way, this was early in the morning and there was no one in front of us. I would never think of doin those kind of speeds if there were ANY traffic around me.

Gazoo, you dont happen to drive a blue dakota, do ya?
                        2012 gti, 2012 mustang.

Comment

Originally posted by KLOBIONEKINOBI
                          Pretty sure he wasnt playing with me.

By the way, this was early in the morning and there was no one in front of us. I would never think of doin those kind of speeds if there were ANY traffic around me.

Gazoo, you dont happen to drive a blue dakota, do ya?
                          nope rather have my sister in a whorehouse than drive a Dodge!

Comment

Originally posted by Gazoo
                            nope rather have my sister in a whorehouse than drive a Dodge!
                            is your sister cute? throw me the digits
                            Simon

Comment

Working...
                            X