anyone need some coolant?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anyone need some coolant?

i was dangerously low on coolant after my WOW coolant sensor woes that resulted in steaming and splashing and oh my!

anyway, so the dealership only sells 1 litre or 4 litre jugs, and the price difference was $1. So.. I got the 4 litre jug and used .8 litres of it.

if anyone wants VW OEM All-Season pink/red coolant, I have 3 litres left, and you mix it 50/50 so its really 6 litres worth, let me know.. whole thing was $23.. and selling for $1 or highest bidder.
    Simon

Re: anyone need some coolant?

Why mix it 50/50 if you have so much left? Wouldn't using it 100% strength just... uhhh cool better?
    KR
    Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

Originally posted by Kor
      Why mix it 50/50 if you have so much left? Wouldn't using it 100% strength just... uhhh cool better?
      I'm not well enough versed on the theories of coolant and coolant functions to talk about this and give you a good answer, I'm just doin what I've always understood to be correct.

And the guy at the dealership said to as well.
      Simon

Comment

I will take it off you hands. I want ot add a lower coolant heater and I need to clean my intake which I might loose a little bit over so I can use it

Originally posted by Simon
        I'm not well enough versed on the theories of coolant and coolant functions to talk about this and give you a good answer, I'm just doin what I've always understood to be correct.

And the guy at the dealership said to as well.
        Name: Brent
        His: '04 TDI Golf Mods: None If it's smoken it ain't broken
        Family: '15 Jetta Sportwagon
        Fun car: '92 Blue Karmann Crabby Cabby Mods: Coils, front and rear swaybars, LED interior lights and some other old things.

Comment

Originally posted by Kor
          Haha, yeeeeeaaaa.....cool better.

(for those that don't know. "Coolant" does not actually cool very well, that's what the water is for. Some people that want their car to Cool really well use straight water, but that causes corrosion and well freezing in cold weather)
          Jay

Comment

Working...
          X