42dd Perfect Led issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 42dd Perfect Led issue

geoff the Omori gauge is well an omori they are a japanese company i think but look in that pic how full the out put is and the needle is lit up too

Comment

Yeah, Omori is a Japanese company. The gauges are expensive in Japan as well. At least they are expensive on their website. 16,500 yen (rougly $165 US). I was gonna buy some when I went over, but I saw how much they cost over there too and decided not to.
      Last edited by 1.8Trip; 02-27-2004, 05:42 PM.
      Neil
      '03 Silver Jetta 1.8T - gone, but not forgotten

mods to my car

Comment

WELL WTF.. i took it all apart today to see if maybe it was a connection in the socket as some people on vortex mentioned to me on theirs.. and only 3/9 LEDs actually light up for me!! I hope they didn't get burned out and 42's fix fixes it or i'm chucking this VDO and buying an omori asap.

Comment

Hmmm, I'm curious now too. BUT I don't want to take apart that damn a-pillar beotch pain in the ******* *** ***** **** ****** clip.
          Last edited by 1.8Trip; 02-27-2004, 09:32 PM.
          Neil

mods to my car

Comment

Neil you actually got the clip back in LOL!!?? you can get them back in if you pull back the weather stripping and some of the roof liner or buy a new windshield like bart.. i think umm chris got his clip back in tho

Comment

My clip might not even be in there any more. Damn that thing.
              KR
              Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

well once i find a guage solution that works i'm going to if i have to pay the damn dealer to reinstall the A-pillar properly with the clip back on and then i'll be set

Comment

Hrm I seriously don't remember having trouble getting the clip back in. Getting it OFF was a *****. Maybe show me yours if I'm at the next meet - there's a hook you can hold with a wire, then after the clip is on you just feed the wire out. It's pretty important - if you don't have it hooked the whole pillar will pop off - and if you are flying forward you may just take it in the face.

Khyron
                  Last edited by Khyron; 02-28-2004, 12:35 AM.
                  Geoff
                  Fear is the element that unites all losers.

Comment

Trust me, the clip won't go back on, even if you're Gandalf.

Just learn to live with the fear of your airbag killing you.
                    KR
                    Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

My clip went back in fine, so I really don't want to take it back out!! But I think I understand the clip now, and how it is supposed to come out (in 2 pieces)......Anywho, no fear of the airbag, the pillar is small compared to that big flap of rubber and plastic that goes flying out at the passenger!!!
                      2006 Colorado Xtreme | AEM CAI | Walker exhaust | smoked glass | -1" dropped rear | Avic D3 | 8000K HID's
                      2002 GTI 1.8t | C1 SS | Upsolute 94 oct | Brullen 2.5" DP | Supersprint catback | Poly mounts | 19" Privat's | FK 55 kit | Projector lights | EVOMS CAI
                      2000 GSXR750 | Hindle Race exhaust | Telefonica replica | K&N intake | Custom ECU

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan
                        Neil you actually got the clip back in LOL!!?? you can get them back in if you pull back the weather stripping and some of the roof liner or buy a new windshield like bart.. i think umm chris got his clip back in tho
                        Actually, I just realised that I have the clip sitting in my change holder tray.
                        Neil

mods to my car

Comment

I was never happy with the 42dd LED. After seeing all of the pictures with uneven lighting, I wanted MORE (mind you, for the price of the 42dd setup, it's definitely not too bad!!)

So I took the plunge and got the Omori guage. I just finished installing it tonight

yeah, a bit of glare....
                          http://www.theflanders.ca/Jetta/107_0731.JPG

with the lights on... (definitely not a rebuilt VDO)
                          http://www.theflanders.ca/Jetta/107_0730.JPG

And the wicked color match to the rest of the dash...
                          http://www.theflanders.ca/Jetta/107_0726.JPG

It cost around $225 to get it (taxes in at http://www.kompressorkanada.ca/ ) but I'm finally happy with the gauge lighting in my car!!!
                          Last edited by Flanders; 03-01-2004, 09:45 PM.
                          1.8T
                          Not quite stock anymore...

Comment

NOW THATS WHAT I"M TALKING ABOUT!!! see how the guage gets filled up and the needle is actually red! i'm ordering one sometime in the spring thanks for the link to neddie.. now i won't have to pay duty

Comment

Yeah but can you put that gauge into the 42dd pod? Because the upholstered grey pod looks factory, I get all kinds of comments from passengers about how good it looks.
                              KR
                              Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

Doesn't any 52mm gauge fit into the 42 pod?
                                Neil

mods to my car

Comment

Working...
                                X