X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 5th Ave = Mod Shop?

Originally posted by volksdragonn
    welcome to the new and exciting world of car modifying
    you break it, whoops now you know for next time.
    yes, i'll buy what i break of course, but i'm not paying for vw parts which break for no reason.
    2002 VW Golf GT TDI
    2016 VW Passat BiTDI

Comment

IE flaky MAFs that go at will on any car, coil packs window regs,etc

Comment

Well, I figure I might as well chime in...

My GTI is my second VW; the first was a Passat wagon bought in 2000 from 5th ave. The guy I got it from was awesome! I could NOT have had a better experience! I'm also a cheap SOB and a bit of a hard-ass when it comes to the bottom line and everyone came out happy. I also had much of my service done at 5th ave and had no complaints.

I went back to 5th ave when I was looking for the GTI and the 'fair' price they gave me was horrendous. Northland's FIRST offer was better than 5th Ave's "final fair" offer. I even gave 5th Ave a chance to match and the guy honestly laughed at me and said that I was making it up. Northland it was.

Now, I got me a spiffy column mounted gauge pod with a boost gauge. Northland told me that it would void all turbo and electronics warranty if I had them install a non-VW boost gauge! So I said 'I'll have one VW boost gauge then!' "VW doesn't make them". *****.

SCFC was all too happy to install the thing and the tech laughed at Northland's comments.

If 5th Ave is getting in to aftermarket I will have to consider giving them another chance. I have a very bad car habit, and I can't keep my mitts off it. Witness my $8,000 Neon with $14,000 in mods. I already have a long list of haves and wants and I haven't cracked 10,000 km yet.

Comment

Originally posted by NeonGTI
          ...I went back to 5th ave when I was looking for the GTI and the 'fair' price they gave me was horrendous. Northland's FIRST offer was better than 5th Ave's "final fair" offer. I even gave 5th Ave a chance to match and the guy honestly laughed at me and said that I was making it up. Northland it was...
          I noticed the exact same thing when buying. No one came close to matching NL in price. The sales guy at 5th Ave also laughed at me when I quoted what NL was going to give me for my trade. So NL it was for me too. I can't say that the service at NL is going to keep me loyal. I may give 5th Ave service a try!
          Last edited by 1.8Trip; 03-03-2004, 10:15 PM.
          Neil
          '03 Silver Jetta 1.8T - gone, but not forgotten

mods to my car

Comment

same here. back in the ian days, i was wanting to buy from him, ended with NL....
            2002 VW Golf GT TDI
            2016 VW Passat BiTDI

Comment

lol, just found this surfing CVD: http://lccci-1.commonsensecc.com/cvd...ight=northland
              2002 VW Golf GT TDI
              2016 VW Passat BiTDI

Comment

i dont think that has any relevance bart.
                Simon

Comment

I read that a while ago. I especially enjoyed the "Hey Bro" in one of the posts, gives me fond memories of TFTF, haha, sorry couldn't resist.
                  Jay

Comment

Well I took my car to 5th ave to have a window reg fixed because I wanted to try out their service and it is close to my work. Although I knew the fault and know all about the extended warrenty on the stupid plastic clips I was not told that up front and was told that I might possibly have to pay for it. Well in the end I was very happy with the service as they replaced the clips in both of the front doors and even greased the door hinges My only question is what if the back window clips go? I drive a 4 door lol Ohh well I am not to worried about them but my point is I don't like to be told the worse case senario right off the bat, that gets people defencive and worried the about how much they will have to pay before the car is even looked at. Other then that I am happy with 5th level of service but really since I am out of warrenty I will do all my own repairs myself other then the really large items. Just my $0.02.
                    Name: Brent
                    His: '04 TDI Golf Mods: None If it's smoken it ain't broken
                    Family: '15 Jetta Sportwagon
                    Fun car: '92 Blue Karmann Crabby Cabby Mods: Coils, front and rear swaybars, LED interior lights and some other old things.

Comment

Originally posted by Stonewall
                      Ohh well I am not to worried about them but my point is I don't like to be told the worse case senario right off the bat, that gets people defencive and worried the about how much they will have to pay before the car is even looked at.
                      This is WAY better than showing up then being told that you have to pay extra! Same thing happened to me at 5th, I was told I might have to pay, then when I picked up the car they said "free". I left with a smile, kind of nice.
                      KR
                      Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

Originally posted by Kor
                        This is WAY better than showing up then being told that you have to pay extra! Same thing happened to me at 5th, I was told I might have to pay, then when I picked up the car they said "free". I left with a smile, kind of nice.
                        see thats bad. have they just opened their doors? no. they should know what the charge from the start, and stop saying 'maybe' to everything. all it is, if they dont start meeting quota at the end of the day, then those maybe's turn into for sure's, which still aren't needed.

if you goto 5th, get your car serviced in the morning then, lol.

and, if they told me i had to pay more when i picked up car than what i was quoted without me agreeing to it, i take car, they dont get a penny. thats what they ask for your phone #.
                        2002 VW Golf GT TDI
                        2016 VW Passat BiTDI

Comment

Re: 5th Ave = Mod Shop? yes. name= dubwerks

Hey Forum,

the new shop should be opening later in the year. They had some issues with the old name, but now have named it to "dubwerks". This should be good for all vw owners. They also will be able to order products for Audi, BMW.

Comment

Re: 5th Ave = Mod Shop? yes. name= dubwerks

Originally posted by sholow
                            Hey Forum,

the new shop should be opening later in the year. They had some issues with the old name, but now have named it to "dubwerks". This should be good for all vw owners. They also will be able to order products for Audi, BMW.

hey thats awesome man, but there is already a VW shop called dubwerks, so you might wanna rethink the name. http://www.dubwerks.com/
                            Simon

Comment

Working...
                            X