02 1.8t jetta no first gear?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 02 1.8t jetta no first gear?

So im driving around tonight and i come to a stop and try and put my car into first gear and it wont go in.
    Every time i try to put it into gear it feels like theres something blocking it. I can put it into any other gear?

Any Help would be much appreciated.
    Thor
    -Terry
    -2014 S4
    insta:Whiney_S4

Re: 02 1.8t jetta no first gear?

Sounds like the shifting forks have gone...Collin/Bagged GLI and a few other guys here know quite a bit about this and should chime in.
    Hers 2009 Audi A4 6sp manual
    Mine....2005 Golf TDI, VNT 17, Malone tuned stage 4, Spec stage 2 clutch, FMIC, Ventectomy, NewSouth gauges, BuzzKen 2.5 turbo back exhaust, Evolution Skidplate, Helix OEM Reps retrofitted with Morimoto Bixenon mini's, ST coils, colour matched Huffs. Frostheater

Comment

Before you do anything else, try a shifter alignment.

http://vimeo.com/6881683

Comment

It definitely doesn't sound like a shift fork if you can get it into second ok. It sounds like a shifter misalignment. For the time being you can try sliding it into the second gear slot before sliding it into first and see if that helps, sometimes it helps to align it for a temporary solution

Comment

your headlight fluid is low

Comment

Thanks for the quick replys guys ill check that stuff tommorow when i get home from school
            -Terry
            -2014 S4

Comment

Originally posted by MechEngg View Post
              It definitely doesn't sound like a shift fork if you can get it into second ok. It sounds like a shifter misalignment. For the time being you can try sliding it into the second gear slot before sliding it into first and see if that helps, sometimes it helps to align it for a temporary solution
              Yep what ^ said
              Mike
              '14 Toyota 4Runner SR5
              '04 Jetta Wagon 1.8T

Comment

Originally posted by MechEngg View Post
                Correct. If you can get in to second then it might just be the alignment. There is a chance that the 1-2 rivet is cracked and giving out, but try the alignment first.

Come see us for Sonax Cleaning Supplies, Parts, ECS Orders and General Maintenance!
                Follow us on Twitter!

Calgary Autoworks
                #7, 1115 - 48th Ave SE
                Calgary, Alberta
                T2G 2A7
                403-243-9661
                Info@CalgaryAutoworks.com

Comment

Well its decided im getting a new tranny and clutch in the jabba tommorow
                  -Terry
                  -2014 S4

Comment

Working...
                  X