Rust repair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rust repair

My mk3 has had its mudflaps on the fenders all it life by the previous owner so needless to say it got rusty under there after 13 years. I pulled off the mudflaps today to see the damage. I'm really OCD and can't have this rust. I'm parking it for the winter today so ill be looking to get it repaired in the spring. What are my options? Is it fixable still? I don't want to buy crappy aftermarket chinese fenders really, i would prefer to get these OEM ones fixed. And silver mk3's are hard to find, especially with rust free fenders.

Drivers side (It got mangled/paint flaked because my mudflaps drag on everything):

Passenger side:

Mitch

1996 Harlequin
    2001 Toyota Highlander

Re: Rust repair

it is fixable, but new metal will have to be welded in. Best option would be to find some dented up but hopefully rust free oem fenders and then cut out that piece and weld it in, then that part of the fender will have to be repainted/blended into the rest of the car.
    Last edited by MrSector9; 11-04-2012, 03:50 PM.

Comment

Re: Rust repair

Yeah i figured welding metal in is the best strategy, but i won't be doing it myself. I will gladly pay someone or some shop to do this for me when the time comes. I am so bad at anything body related.
      Mitch

1996 Harlequin
      2001 Toyota Highlander

Comment

Working...
      X