Sunuvagun - MKIV Jetta Oil Pan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunuvagun - MKIV Jetta Oil Pan

So, I'm relatively new in town and haven't go too much info on VW friendly shops. Well, I went to Mr. Lube on the East side of McLeod south of Glenmore (only one my car will fit into) and they found that my oil pan threads are stripped. Now I'm SOL on an oil change. So a few options.

Tunedub - they'll plug it / install a piggyback drain for about 400-500 dollars (yikes)

ECS - order an oil pan for ~100bucks + shipping, install it and go get an oil change somewhere else

Source out an oversized self tapping oil drain bolt

I'd really like to do option 3 but I'm not sure of the size / where to get one of these. If anyone has suggestions / comments it would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks guys.

The vehicle - 2004 Jetta 2.0

Last edited by Kavanagh; 10-23-2012, 04:54 PM.

Re: Sunuvagun - MKIV Jetta Oil Pan

Why not drill out the current hole a bit larger and tap it and use a larger bolt? I'm sure there are larger sizes out there and it would cost less for you to do it by yourself by just buying the drill bit and tap and bolt. Other idea is to just take this opportunity to upgrade to a hybrid oil pan and pickup from ECS

Comment

****.. that's the same shop that screwed up my pan... sorry to hear man.. i've made a complaint about that shop on BBB. when this happened to me paul replaced my pan for a couple hundred bucks. Just call Bert & Jacks and see what they can do. His shop's just at the corner of 17th avenue ans macleod trail south. Good luck.
      drive green ||
      2003 Volkswagen Jetta 1.8T - ex old fun car
      2011 Mercedes Benz B200 Turbo - daily getter

Comment

You could buy a Helicoil set and use that but it will cost the same as a new oil pan. Why not just buy a pan and change it yourself? Its not very difficult.
        2001 Jetta TDI GL Silver
        Malone Tune stage 5+ ,VNT17-22Turbo, OMI, PP Race Pipe, PD 150 Intake, 2 1/2" Straight back exhaust, no mufflers, 2 1/2" downpipe straight no Cat, Race 520 Injectors, 11mm Fuel Pump, Lift Pump, EGR Delete mod,DC Stage IV Clutch, Michelin X-Ice 2's, 26 lb/s of boost alll day long, Smoking like a train!

Comment

I know it's not too complicated, may order one from ECS, not sure if I have a level sensor in it or not... Having a snow covered, gravel "parking spot" in an alley isn't the greatest spot to work on a car either.

Comment

There was a mk4 2.0L at pick-n-pull a few days ago. You could go and grab the oil pan off of it for a couple bucks.
            Tyler

vinylappeal.com

Comment

Working...
            X