Easy how to remove Arm Rest and Newer centre console

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Easy how to remove Arm Rest and Newer centre console

I had a coffee spill during a trip the other day so I wanted to get at the centre console to clean it, I also need to replace my handbrake cables so I would have had to pull it up anyway.

I checked everywhere but all the instructions found were for the older model centre console and were much too complicated, I figured there was an easier way, and here it is!

Required:
    Small flat head screwdriver
    13mm socket wrench
    Torx 20

First of all move both seat as far back as possible and recline them 50% of the way. The reason for this is to gain access to the arm rest trim.

The drivers side trim is just held on by 4 small plastic clips. Use the screwdriver to carefully push the clips off, then pull outwards to remove the trim.

Use the socket to unscrew the bolt, then pull upwards and the arm rest will come straight out.

Pull your rear cupholder out as far as it will go. Then using your hand, push in the two little clips on each side, holding the cupholder to the centre console, and pull up gently. The cup holder will lift up and out. In my picture I have already removed the cup holder and you can see the two clips at the top near the front seat.

The black plastic under the cup holder is held in by two push clips near the top/center (closer to the front seats) and three tabs at the bottom (closer to the passenger side).

Push the two clip at the top up using the screwdriver. Pull up and towards the rear seat to remove the cover. Under the cover there are two screws.

In this picture you can see how the clips and tabs line up with the holes underneath. To the right, the three tabs, to the left the two push clips.

At the front of the centre console, on each side, there is a round cover, pop them out with your fingers or the screwdriver. Under there are two screws.

Using the Torx20 remove all 4 screws.

Pull your handbrake lever up to the 4th notch.

Pull up at the rear of the centre console and push slightly down at the front of the centre console, at the front there are 3 tabs holding it to the shifter trim. It should lift from the back up, over the handbrake handle, and off. (notice the coffee which I am going to clean!)

Where the arm rest was there is apiece of metal with two Bolts on the passenger side and a nut on the drivers side. Remove the passenger bolts with the socket. Slide the drivers chair all the way forward and recline forwards all the way, remove the nut with the socket.

Scavenge all your lost change! I found a bunch of change in the arm rest and between the plastic and under mat of the centre console.

Reassembly should be a piece of cake now that you know how it comes apart.
    Last edited by witchcraftz; 07-25-2012, 02:08 PM. Reason: spellcheck lol
Working...
X