Malone Tune

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Malone Tune

I had a thread going regarding chipping my car and when I decided to tackle my balance shaft and go for some good will warranty, talks of chips would not be in my favour, so I took down the thread. Apparently a few people wanted to keep the thread going, so I'll fire it up again.

VW said no go on warranty, so chip away!

I had put the 1.5 Malone on my car last week with dynamic EGR. It was causing some startup issues with lousy idle and smoke. I did a few logs at startup both with and without the chip and you could see that the IQ and EGR values were different with the chip while the idle on the car was bad. I sent the logs back to Mark and he whipped up a modified tune. I put that on, and all seems well.

I had also tried the dynamic idle tune and didn't like it because it really made my idle go goofy, but I think now that the idle issue is solved, I will try that again.

Overall, I'm pretty happy with Malone tunings service. Glad I got the Flashzilla as it has allowed me to try a few different tune options.
    Stefan
    -> '19 Deep Black Pearl Alltrack
    -> '05 Urban Grey Passat Wagon TDI.
    -> Past rides: '14 Allroad, 06 Mazda5, '98 Jetta K2, '01 Jetta TDI, '91 Mazda B2200, '81 Toyota Cressida
    -> FutuRe Ride...??!
Working...
X