Sway bar issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sway bar issue

Well did you get hub extenders from euroimagetuning to go with your spacers? If you didn't then your spacers are not technically hubcentric.

Edit to include link.
    http://euroimagetuning.myshopify.com...-hub-extenders
    Last edited by MechEngg; 06-20-2012, 01:55 PM.

Comment

Guess that's probably my issue then. They were fine without the extenders before though. If I'm right larger spacers (like the 15mm h&r spacers I got off Martin already have the extension "built in"), right?
      Dylan

Comment

Yes larger spacers do, smaller spacers (either 8mm or 10mm and smaller) usually do not have the lip built in. Sometimes you can get away with 3 or 5mm spacers without hub extenders but its tough to get the lugs completely seated properly and even then wobbling can occur

Comment

Oh well then I guess I know what I need to do. Kinda want something bigger than 5 as long as they have hub extenders.
          Dylan

Comment

were they warped or something? An 8mm hubcentric spacer should be fine...unless it has chunks out of it or its warped I don't see how it caused the vibration. I'm not saying you're wrong I just wonder how the hubcentric spacer caused the vibration.
            Last edited by jaysleeves; 06-20-2012, 02:49 PM.
            Bagged 2004 Jetta GLS 1.8T Stage 2 Unitronic, 2016 Tiguan R-Line , S13 SR20DET, Mk2 VR6 Project, 2011 Dodge Ram 1500

Comment

There is no lip for the wheel to be centered on....There is a gap between the hub and the wheel because it is tapered, AKA the outside edge of the lip of the hub is actually smaller than the inside edge, that is why it is a press fit in and its so hard to remove OEM wheels if they haven't been removed in a while. That few mm's creates the ability for the wheel to wiggle around a bit at high speeds

Comment

^^^ what he said. I think it also had to do with the one tire on the front having extreme uneven tire wear.

Btw congrats Mech on your 1000'th post.
                Dylan

Comment

Working...
                X