Help me pick rims for the cabby

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Help me pick rims for the cabby

I have some Porsche Phone Dials I would part with..... 4x100 to 5x130 lug adapters, 20 wheel bolts, newly re powder coated silver 15x7 wheels, and 99% brand new Federal Formosa 165-45-15 tires just mounted with less than 100 km on them.... Package deal for $1300. That's just under what I have into them...

Comment

As nice as that would be I guess you missed the cheap wife part
      I have still yet to order my rims. I really should but I am waiting on my new coils to arrive so I can redo the whole suspension first.
      Name: Brent
      His: '04 TDI Golf Mods: None If it's smoken it ain't broken
      Family: '15 Jetta Sportwagon
      Fun car: '92 Blue Karmann Crabby Cabby Mods: Coils, front and rear swaybars, LED interior lights and some other old things.

Comment

What did you get for coils?

Comment

JOMs from BFI.
          Fun car: '92 Blue Karmann Crabby Cabby Mods: Coils, front and rear swaybars, LED interior lights and some other old things.

Comment

Offer this guy cash for his BBS wheels/Tires, I have the original White 14's off of my cabriolet if you need some for a trade.

http://calgary.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehi...AdIdZ392483349

Comment

Someone had some classic AMG rims painted white, they were awesome! Classic look and you can probably find them for pretty cheap.

Last edited by witchcraftz; 07-03-2012, 10:38 AM.

Comment

Good find on those BBS rims, I have contacted the seller. I think it is likely going to be hard to beat the ~$6-700 price for new rims and tires from tirerack though. I just got the new suspension in today so I do need to make a decision soon.

Comment

Well the rims don't have center caps but the price is decent. Anyone have a line on new center caps that don't cost and arm and a leg?

Comment

Well the BBS RS rims sold with that cabby but they didn't have center caps any ways. He has some RA's that he would sell for $650 but I am not sure I like them as much (also depends on condition and tires).

Comment

I like OE wheels for their quality, no need for hub-centric spacers and they use the same ball seat bolts. Plus the RA was an optional wheels on the Cabriolet. The RA's shouldn't be worth any more than $500

Comment

That's what I was thinking, they would have to be near mint new tires or not. It was only going to cost be about $1200 for tires/rims/mounting/hubs/bolts abd a set of 18's for my golf from tire rack. I am surprised I just haven't done it already lol Maybe I should just photoshop those rims onto a cabby to motivate me to get new rims. Since my new coils are in though it will be a bit before it needs rims.

Comment

Well after the guy with the BBS RA's bitched to me that people on kajiji never get back to him etc etc he never sent me pictures of the rims lol.

Comment

Working...
                          X