Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Noticed this today, couldn't believe it.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Noticed this today, couldn't believe it.

I work with a guy that owns a mk4 jetta, (the second car in the video), and noticed his horn beep when I locked my car at lunch today.
    Turns out my key fob controls his car completely. lock, unlock, trunk and panic all going off with my remote. His has no effect on my car. Green wheels car is mine, jetta with all the "accessories" on the front is his.
    Video is not fake, I'm not like that.

Re: Noticed this today, couldn't believe it.

haha sucks when it happens, but its old news. It happened with my last MK4 golf. My Parents Jetta would have control, them my Girlfriends golf had control, so finally after having VW change the frequency on the remote 4 different times (it kept happening over and over), I finally just got an aftermarket alarm. Its a common problem on many MK4's that continuously park next to other MK4's
    Patryk
    Instagram: @parkus08

91 BMW 340is ///M-Tech II - Under construction
    08 VW .:R32
    04 Audi A4 Avant 1.8TQ

Comment

... Like women who live together and get 'in sync'?

Comment

The one time we were out camping in maclean creek and just as we were packing up my dad started his truck and managed to lock the keys inside with it running. His friend who had the exact same truck, took his key, not his fob, but his actual key and unlocked the door, same key.
        Calgary Autoworks

2004.5 Jetta GLI
        2005 Audi Allroad

Comment

When I was a doorman at Chateau Lake Louise, we used to have a one gallon jar full of various keys, left, found, etc, and anytime a guest locked their keys in their car, we'd try any similar ones...worked alot of the time...I can only imagine how many key fobs are there now!
          Hers 2009 Audi A4 6sp manual
          Mine....2005 Golf TDI, VNT 17, Malone tuned stage 4, Spec stage 2 clutch, FMIC, Ventectomy, NewSouth gauges, BuzzKen 2.5 turbo back exhaust, Evolution Skidplate, Helix OEM Reps retrofitted with Morimoto Bixenon mini's, ST coils, colour matched Huffs. Frostheater

Comment

Originally posted by BaggedGLI View Post
            The one time we were out camping in maclean creek and just as we were packing up my dad started his truck and managed to lock the keys inside with it running. His friend who had the exact same truck, took his key, not his fob, but his actual key and unlocked the door, same key.
            Chevy??? Wow!
            Tunerworks Performance Inc.
            Please email sales@tunerworks.com for pricing
            .: TUNERWORKSTORQUE .:. Blog .:. Facebook .:. FlickeFlu .:. Flickr .:. YouTube .:. Kijiji Clearance :.
            STaSIS / Eurojet / GIAC / HRE / Modulare / BBS / WORK / RENNTech / TechArt / Brabus / Akrapovic / AWE / Fabspeed / Milltek / Hotchkis / MEC Design / KW Suspension / Novitec / Kahn Design / QuickSilver / RSC / StopTech / Brembo / AP Racing / Vorsteiner & more!

Comment

Originally posted by BaggedGLI View Post
              The odds in that happening are ridiculous, there are ten tumbler "keys" per door cylinder (In a GM) and depending on the make and model you have to drop the keys in a specific order in order to get the key to work. Considering there are 5 different "keys" thats insane.
              Eric
              2000 Volkswagen Jetta VR6 - Bagged
              1990 BMW 325IX- Daily

Comment

My boss at work, has an older dodge, and the exact same thing happened. Another guy here at the shop, just walked over, stuck his dodge key in the door and unlocked it.

Comment

Originally posted by AllGo'n'Show View Post
                  Chevy??? Wow!
                  2005 Chev 2500hd
                  Calgary Autoworks

2004.5 Jetta GLI
                  2005 Audi Allroad

Comment

I can unlock my brothers doors and glovebox on his '02 jetta
                    '14 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray (On Order)
                    '06 VW Jetta TDI (Daily)
                    '07 Ford F-150
                    '06 Mazda 3 (hers)

Comment

Originally posted by bonfire View Post
                      My boss at work, has an older dodge, and the exact same thing happened. Another guy here at the shop, just walked over, stuck his dodge key in the door and unlocked it.

A Dodge needed a key to start? I thought it was easier with a screwdriver.

..I used to own a Neon :(

Comment

Working...
                      X