MKIV 1.8T Wheels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: MKIV 1.8T Wheels

I was one of the first people in town with 19's on a Mk4 Jetta, got my 19's the same day C-town got his (we did a group order). I ran them for maybe a year or two and then got tired of them, sold them and switched back to 18's.

They fit fine on a lowered car with no rubbing, no problems. They looked hot, I got more compliments and especially if you are into car shows or show'n'shines you need 19's to look good.

But at that point you have so little rubber that you are really going to feel it, at that time the ride was pretty bumpy. Also most 19's are really heavy and when I moved from a 19" cast wheel to an 18" forged wheel it was like chipping my car all over again, it was night and day because of the weight difference - I went from something like 32lbs/wheel to 18lbs/wheel and I probably cut at least a full second off the 0-60 (or more).

Your choice.
    KR
    Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

Both Rob and Derek are/were rolling 19's in the summer. Both PSS9 Coilovers which mean the dont go crazy low, and both pulled the wheels off very nicely on their .:R's
      Patryk
      Instagram: @parkus08

91 BMW 340is ///M-Tech II - Under construction
      08 VW .:R32
      04 Audi A4 Avant 1.8TQ

Comment

oh kris! so back in the day with Derick! man we were young then

yea i love my 19s on my s4 but i'd be tempted to put on 18s again even

Comment

Geoff
          Fear is the element that unites all losers.

Comment

Wow! Quite a response. Thanks everyone!
            I was unsure about going to 19's and after viewing all of the comments, I don't think that 19's are the way to go for me.

I haven't really thought about how I'm going to lower the car yet. Figured that's for another thread. I like to keep it subtle. Open to suggestions.

Looks like I have some more research to do before I make a decision. I still have time.
            Sanity In Numbers

Comment

There are options for a subtle drop, not IMO really worth doing if your only looking to drop 1/2". One route are springs, which are an easy cost effective way to get a modest drop. Coilovers can take you as far down as you want, with the right setup, gets pricey. Airbags are the next option which can slam your ass down and still save your oilpan, can get pricey as well.

Comment

Working...
              X