Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Demo: 2.slow electric supercharger

Hey guys/gals,

we have or are about to launch our product. How many of you think you would need to see the website, etc, before you would buy, vs coming and taking it for a drive, etc?

Anyway, we think we will have some ready for sale if any of you are interested.

We haven't finalized pricing, but are working on the website.

I was going to put things on facebook, what are your opinions on that? Anyway, if you could you go to the site and give us a like? I need 20 before we become a real entity on facebook.

http://www.revsuperchargers.com/blog.html

Re: Demo: 2.slow electric supercharger

Hey, I think I talked to you outside Tunedub...good to see it ready to go. Ya, the website is vital...and you have my LIKE.
    Hers 2009 Audi A4 6sp manual
    Mine....2005 Golf TDI, VNT 17, Malone tuned stage 4, Spec stage 2 clutch, FMIC, Ventectomy, NewSouth gauges, BuzzKen 2.5 turbo back exhaust, Evolution Skidplate, Helix OEM Reps retrofitted with Morimoto Bixenon mini's, ST coils, colour matched Huffs. Frostheater

Comment

Interesting product. I might have to think about getting one when I finish putting my 2.slow into my cabby. Since I design/manufacture/test etc electronics for a living I would love to take a look at how you guys are going about doing everything though.

Just noticed this, is it correct:
      -Consistently produces 4.0 psi of boost at low rpm (100 c.f.m.) and 2.5 psi of boost at redline (225 c.f.m.)
      Do I read this as at low rpm it makes more boost but moves less air and at redline less boost but more air? or are the numbers mixed up. If you are compressing the air should you not be moving more air or is it to early in the morning for my brain to work?
      Last edited by Stonewall; 09-03-2011, 11:30 AM.
      Name: Brent
      His: '04 TDI Golf Mods: None If it's smoken it ain't broken
      Family: '15 Jetta Sportwagon
      Fun car: '92 Blue Karmann Crabby Cabby Mods: Coils, front and rear swaybars, LED interior lights and some other old things.

Comment

Originally posted by Stonewall View Post
        Interesting product. I might have to think about getting one when I finish putting my 2.slow into my cabby. Since I design/manufacture/test etc electronics for a living I would love to take a look at how you guys are going about doing everything though.

Just noticed this, is it correct:
        -Consistently produces 4.0 psi of boost at low rpm (100 c.f.m.) and 2.5 psi of boost at redline (225 c.f.m.)
        Do I read this as at low rpm it makes more boost but moves less air and at redline less boost but more air? or are the numbers mixed up. If you are compressing the air should you not be moving more air or is it to early in the morning for my brain to work?
        Hey Brent,

Basically you can move the same amount of SCFM (standard cfm) at any RPM. once you start to pressurize the air however it changes to cfm at different pressure ratings. If you look at a compressor or pump curve (SEE BELOW) you will notice that the higher the pressure, the less cfm you can put out. The CFM output is a function of air pressure, back pressure, and temperature (will change due to circumstances of course).

Flow is on the X axis and positive gauge pressure is on the Y axis

Comment

I am not the engineer, but basically, you are all sort of saying the same thing. The engine pistons are actually the impeding factor at low revs. So it is possible for the compressor to compress more air (more psi) in a given second. The engine starts to outstrip the cfm supply as revs increase, so as you move up the rpms, the psi goes down, but the cfm's (and thus power/air, etc) goes up. It does some things that are counter intuitive.

Anyway, does anyone know any good programmers for website stuff? We need to do a lot of work to the site, and don't have much time, we might need some help.

thanks for the plus's. Facebook while good, its difficult for guys like me starting companies, and aren't tech savvy.

We have done some minor changes to it since last rev-works track day. We should have the new setup available for anyone that would like to come out and see it. I will be working on facebook website to upload video of dyno's and charts, etc.

Comment

Ahh I get what you are saying, at the engine speed increases it is sucking in more air therefor leaving less for the compressor to use so the pressure drops. Makes much more sense to me know, not sure why it didn't this morning lol
            I am interested in seeing this setup and comparing it to a normal mechanical supercharger.
            Fun car: '92 Blue Karmann Crabby Cabby Mods: Coils, front and rear swaybars, LED interior lights and some other old things.

Comment

Originally posted by Stonewall View Post
              Ahh I get what you are saying, at the engine speed increases it is sucking in more air therefor leaving less for the compressor to use so the pressure drops. Makes much more sense to me know, not sure why it didn't this morning lol
              I am interested in seeing this setup and comparing it to a normal mechanical supercharger.
              The differences i can see are:
              - this is probably a motor that can only spin at 1 speed and therefore the pressure will be different at the different rpm ranges
              - it won't have a small power draw on the engine to turn the supercharger but will definitely have another small power draw from the alternator because it will be running all the time to run the supercharger.
              - it is smaller and can be placed in a different spot in the engine bay which is awesome.
              - at such lower psi ratings the intercooler is going to make a bigger impact so you will need to choose a better intercooler core and perhaps less piping/better sized piping

Comment

So how long can you maintain the boost and how long to recharge the batteries? That always seemed the downside to electric superchargers.

Comment

The differences i can see are:
                  - this is probably a motor that can only spin at 1 speed and therefore the pressure will be different at the different rpm ranges
                  - it won't have a small power draw on the engine to turn the supercharger but will definitely have another small power draw from the alternator because it will be running all the time to run the supercharger.
                  - it is smaller and can be placed in a different spot in the engine bay which is awesome.
                  - at such lower psi ratings the intercooler is going to make a bigger impact so you will need to choose a better intercooler core and perhaps less piping/better sized piping
                  - The supercharger isn't running all the time only at full throttle so it wont be charging all the time, just after full throttle.
                  - It doesn't use a intercooler.

I think the battery lasts for like 5 min of constant draw. (could be wrong / might have changed)
                  Last edited by shconer; 09-03-2011, 07:53 PM.

Comment

It looks like a brushless motor so you could possibly control the speed but then you are going to want a throttle signal to control it etc. I really don't see why such a system would need a battery, it shouldn't be such a inefficient motor to have a huge power draw. I can see some type of capacitor system for quick spool up but other then that a battery system should be able to supply enough.

Comment

If this is the one that I saw at TuneDub...the batteries have a limited number of hits to the SC...and even George said he was impressed. This is a Rolls Royce system compared to the JUNK you see on E-Bay!
                      Mine....2005 Golf TDI, VNT 17, Malone tuned stage 4, Spec stage 2 clutch, FMIC, Ventectomy, NewSouth gauges, BuzzKen 2.5 turbo back exhaust, Evolution Skidplate, Helix OEM Reps retrofitted with Morimoto Bixenon mini's, ST coils, colour matched Huffs. Frostheater

Comment

I think the battery might be to supply higher voltage and reduce the current load on the wiring and maximize the motor output.
                        Last edited by shconer; 09-04-2011, 04:16 PM.

Comment

Hmmm i need some more info on this product please.

Electric SC + 1.8t.......i will think about this

Comment

Originally posted by MechEngg View Post
                            Hmmm i need some more info on this product please.

Electric SC + 1.8t.......i will think about this
                            WOW!!! Can you say ZERO LAG!!!

Comment

But the programming would be definitely hard to do and logic would just take some thinking. And finding out the specs of the SC would let me do calcs to determine if it would work effectively.

Comment

Working...
                              X