Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Importing a US Car - warranty?

Hi,

Has anyone here imported from the states? Any specific problems with VW Canada? I've imported another car and am thinking an '11 GTI may be in the cards...

Re: Importing a US Car - warranty?

VW USA and VW Canada are different companies, I wouldn't be shocked if they wouldn't even touch your car.
    Jess

2010 Jetta TDI 6 SPD - Stock Comfortline model

Comment

That's bs - if someone lives in Seattle or Houston and gets transferred here, their car should be covered.

On another note, pretty sure the pricing for vw/audi isn't as off as porsche or corvettes.
      Geoff
      Fear is the element that unites all losers.

Comment

Originally posted by Khyron View Post
        That's bs - if someone lives in Seattle or Houston and gets transferred here, their car should be covered.

On another note, pretty sure the pricing for vw/audi isn't as off as porsche or corvettes.
        it will be. because they won't be permanent residents and likely won't switch their license and cars over.
        i worked with many people like this.
        Team Highschool
        Twin Turbo Turbo Smurf Avant

www.ctsturbo.com - the home for all your turbo needs. PM me for details.

Comment

I had my GLI brought up from an Audi dealership in the States and have had no problems with VW here. The rules may have changed in the last couple years but when everyone started importing VW decided not to honour new car warranties... but they would uphold remaining or extended warranties on all "used" cars.
          Work - houzz / linkedin
          Play - haldex swap

Comment

Hmm, the pricing is still $6,000 off. Mazda talked a tough game before I brought my 08 Speed 3 home, have honoured warranty without issue. I received transfer to Canada paperwork and its been fine since then. I guess another Speed 3 it is, you can buy new for 24k in the US, is 38.5k off the lot here.

Comment

Working...
            X