Mk1 w/ swapped 1.8t questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Mk1 w/ swapped 1.8t questions

kinda one of those "if you have to ask" scenarios...

the 020 transaxle will be the weakest link, and will eventually fail. an 02j swap (6speed or otherwise) won't really be worth it unless you're willing to change the final drive ratio. an 02a swap would be your best bet. it can be done with specific parts so you don't have to bother with the pedal-cluster / hydrolic parts swap. an 02a set-up would be well worth your time if you plan to drive the car.

you could never build the car for the price the seller is asking. and really, the thing should be damn fun to drive.

if you have any questions about 1.8t swaps, feel free to pm me. (i've had that motor in 2 mk2 cars and a mk3).
    Last edited by eldo; 12-08-2010, 11:29 AM. Reason: spellzing

Comment

Hey thanks eldo. I'm sure I will have some questions after looking/purchasing?.
      Al
      Hitler Built My Hotrod

Comment

If your really worried about rust too. Take one of those "N" magnets with you. They won't stick if there is bondo. Kool little trick. Don't use a bigger one, those vinyl one are perfact.

Hope the car works out. Would be awesome to see it out and a about.
        James
        mk4 wagon

Comment

i wouldnt go near that car al. after what i seen rob put out! just ask tuks14s on dd or okvw he will give you the low down

Comment

Interesting...msg'd him. Thanks.
            Al
            Hitler Built My Hotrod

Comment

Working...
            X