Brake pad warranty question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brake pad warranty question

I've got a few random issues with my Passat. Nothing major. Mostly warranty stuff. The latest is my brake pad indicator light. Its on, but pads are at 50% wear still. They are OEM pads, and all the work on this car has been done at the dealer. If the pad sensors fail before the pad is worn out, would that be a warranty deal?

Just curious. If it is not, I'll override the sensors (cut/solder wires). Car has to go in to the dealer next week anyways though, so they can deal with it if there is a chance it is covered.

cheers
    Stefan
    -> '19 Deep Black Pearl Alltrack
    -> '05 Urban Grey Passat Wagon TDI.
    -> Past rides: '14 Allroad, 06 Mazda5, '98 Jetta K2, '01 Jetta TDI, '91 Mazda B2200, '81 Toyota Cressida
    -> FutuRe Ride...??!

Re: Brake pad warranty question

Did the connector somehow disconnect?
    Calgary Autoworks

2004.5 Jetta GLI
    2005 Audi Allroad

Comment

connections are good, wires look good too.
      Stefan
      -> Past rides: '14 Allroad, 06 Mazda5, '98 Jetta K2, '01 Jetta TDI, '91 Mazda B2200, '81 Toyota Cressida
      -> FutuRe Ride...??!

Comment

Originally posted by stefan View Post
        I've got a few random issues with my Passat. Nothing major. Mostly warranty stuff. The latest is my brake pad indicator light. Its on, but pads are at 50% wear still. They are OEM pads, and all the work on this car has been done at the dealer. If the pad sensors fail before the pad is worn out, would that be a warranty deal?

Just curious. If it is not, I'll override the sensors (cut/solder wires). Car has to go in to the dealer next week anyways though, so they can deal with it if there is a chance it is covered.

cheers
        If it'as a wiring issue it will be warranty if it is a faulty brake sensor and the pads are not worn out they will pro-rate them and you'll pay the difference.

Pads with sensors now in most cases are cheaper than ones without.
        Don't ghetto your car with make shift fixes.
        Some off those sensors sit at about 35-40% pad remaining.

Comment

Originally posted by VWSM View Post
          Don't ghetto your car with make shift fixes.
          It would just be a short term ghetto mod so I could use up these pads and not have a light on the dash. When I replace the pads, the sensors will be plugged in again. If they want to pro-rate the cost of new pads though, I may go that way.

At the moment I have the front left pad disconnected with a jumper on the car side, and I made it to work with no light, so I think I found the issue at least. I did pull out the pad and it looks good, so something is just goofy with the sensor or wire going to it.
          Stefan
          -> FutuRe Ride...??!

Comment

Working...
          X