More Mounts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More Mounts?

So I replaced my front upper strut mounts recently so I have mounts on the brain. I have been noticing a bit of a clunk, in like 2nd when letting out the clutch at low speeds, low rpms and a slowish shift. Dogbone? For example, if I am already rolling and have the clutch in, in second, and let it back out it is a bit clunky. Also if I am in 2nd and let off the gas quickly it has the same clunky feel.
    Last edited by JPO; 07-23-2010, 09:49 PM.
    John
    1986 Meteor Grey Metallic Squashed VW Beetle
    2011 Mineral Grey Durango R/T AWD

Re: More Mounts?

Could be your dogbone, easy enough to check. Just check out a diy to change your bushings out, if you were proactive you could just buy new bushings anyways.. they are pretty cheap. Then just take the thing apart, if they are ok then its not your dogbone, if you bought upgraded ones then put them in, its pretty simple and will make a great difference driving.. I know mine did. I did all three mounts though.
    Last edited by danosaur; 07-24-2010, 02:15 AM.

Comment

I assume this is for a Mk4, if so concept has their poly dogbone bushing kit on sale for $44 right now. It is super easy to install, just remember to get new stretch bolts at the dealer, i think I spent under $20 on these bolts at the dealer and they should stock them. A lot of people don't replace these bolts but not only is it sloppy, you also won't be able to torque them properly and risk stripping the threads in your tranny.

Comment

Yep. Mkiv GTI. Not sure I want poly bushings. Are they a bit harsh? I was thinking I'd just got oem.
        John
        1986 Meteor Grey Metallic Squashed VW Beetle
        2011 Mineral Grey Durango R/T AWD

Comment

not harsh at all actually, I was worried about the same thing when I bought them but price was an issue at the time, went with them and didn't notice any difference as far as roughness, power actually comes on a lot smoother after install.

Comment

Working...
          X