Bent rim?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bent rim?

I need your input on this one guys, I had 16" BBS and went and bought 18" MRR GT1's off Kijiji for cheap with used tires. I'm running 10 mm spacers with longer lug nuts from C1 on the front but one wheel no matter where i put it keeps loosening itself up. I'll drove for 50 Kms and the streering wheel vibrates like hell and you can feel how the car is all over the place. I get outta the car and notice the lug nuts have become loose, I've tightened them again, but still same issue. What could it be? Bent rim? needs to be balanced? Where can I take it to get it checked out? Is this an easy fix? Who can help me out?
    Last edited by longsock; 07-14-2010, 01:33 PM.

Re: Bent rim?

Hub-centric spacers? Are the wheels fitting on the hubs tightly or are you trying to hold them on with the lug nuts and bolts?

Second question, do you have the correct nuts for the wheels? Do the nut seats match the wheels?
    Last edited by p951; 07-14-2010, 05:39 PM.
    1990 Porsche 951
    2013 Audi S4 6MT

Comment

try running the car without spacers to eliminate the idea of spacers throwing off the balance

Pat

His
      1989 Porsche Carrera 4 // 5 Speed // Guards Red

Hers
      1987 VW Cabriolet // 20VT // O2J // Recaros // Porsche Slate Grey // Ronal Turbos // FK Coilovers

2005 Porsche Cayenne S

Theirs
      1977 VW Type 2 Westfalia

Gone
      2004 Audi A4 1.8T // quattro // 6 Speed // Brilliant Red
      Fully built 1.8T || AEB || Motoza tuned || ID1000 || S4 MAF || GT3076R

Comment

based on this thread since he was the last poster before they sold im going to guess he is not running hubcentric spacers

http://eurodrivers.ca/forums/showthr...hlight=spacers

Also, I am going to go out on a limb and say your new wheels are not hub centric either. you MUST MUST MUST!!!! run centering rings on non hub centric wheels, they are very cheap and could save you a lot of pain in the end.

Im going to guess the combination of non hub centric wheels and non hubcentric spacers is causing the problem, I wouldn't drive the car as you are going to start chewing things up. Hope you solve the problem

Comment

Working...
        X