Csi: Tdi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Csi: Tdi

So I have a weird boost issue. I usually spike to 24psi and hold about 17-18psi to near redline. Now I have a slight hesitation and a spike to 18psi and a quick drop to about 10psi. Power lags but is still there. I recently had a check engine line for the coolant sensor. I changed that tonight, cleared codes and the bost problem remains.
    Second issue I have is once in awhile I can smell a exhaust leak inside the cabin, it is not all the time though so I can never find the leak. I am thinking EGR pipe, downpipe gasket or maybe even the exhaust flex pipe. The think is none of them explain why it is only once in awhile.
    Now to fix my bad wheel bearing and leaking rear crank seal fun fun.
    Thoughts or suggestions on what to check next?
    Name: Brent
    His: '04 TDI Golf Mods: None If it's smoken it ain't broken
    Family: '15 Jetta Sportwagon
    Fun car: '92 Blue Karmann Crabby Cabby Mods: Coils, front and rear swaybars, LED interior lights and some other old things.

Re: Csi: Tdi

Anything post turbo won't be giving you the boost drop. The boost drop/soot smell that you are getting is from exhaust escaping before it can spin the turbo. 2 culprits here are like you said an egr pipe that is cracked which I have seen a few times before. Or I have also seen the turbo nuts come loose and not having a complete seal to the block. To check for the egr pipes on a cold engine start her up and get a spray bottle and check your seals. Your hands back there should be able to feel something blowing out as well if you wanted to give that a try. The nuts that hold the turbo to the block, 12 mm and 5 mins and you can check the majority of them to make sure they are tight.

Just thoughts, do a few simple checks, or get a race pipe and eliminate the egr pipes for good!
    Last edited by Benjamin; 05-29-2010, 11:34 PM. Reason: Late night spelling disaster
    Ben
    2016 Ram 3500 Laramie
    2000 Jetta TDi, Dead and removing parts
    2005 Passat Wagon TDi, 310,000 km's and counting, BSM delete done....Trans died going to replace
    Her's
    2016 Toyota Highlander XLE Pearl White

Comment

I have been thinking about deleting the egr with some blockoff plates, now might be the time.
      That being said anyone know where I can borrow a kit to change my wheel bearing?
      Fun car: '92 Blue Karmann Crabby Cabby Mods: Coils, front and rear swaybars, LED interior lights and some other old things.

Comment

Brent send me a PM about the wheel bearing when you are going to do it, I have something that will help you
        Ben
        2016 Ram 3500 Laramie
        2005 Passat Wagon TDi, 310,000 km's and counting, BSM delete done....Trans died going to replace
        Her's

Comment

if you need a new turbo let me know
          2002 VW Golf GT TDI
          2016 VW Passat BiTDI

Comment

Bart's turbo is even an upgrade if I remember the classifieds correctly
            Ben
            2016 Ram 3500 Laramie
            Her's

Comment

Ha I wish I could afford a new turbo right now If if comes down to that Bart I will give you a call.

Comment

Working...
              X