No announcement yet.

anyone interested in a mkiv chip trade?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anyone interested in a mkiv chip trade?

just posting up to gauge interest. anybody with a 2001 1.8t interested in swapping a stock ecu + say 275$ for a chipped one?
    Last edited by danosaur; 03-12-2010, 09:54 AM.

Re: anyone interested in a mkiv chip trade?

Check out vortex, there has been a few on there recently.
    Calgary Autoworks

2004.5 Jetta GLI
    2005 Audi Allroad

Comment

Originally posted by Eurotuner. View Post
      Check out vortex, there has been a few on there recently.
      don't really wanna deal with the downtime of shipping. hopefully someone local wants a chip for a little cheaper!

Comment

Pm me more details plz...
        James
        mk4 wagon

Comment

Pm'd. Can anyone confirm that if I get an ecu from a 2001, I don't have to do an immo defeat? I'll go look around on the vortex maybe.

Apparently its more involved than I previously thought. Still seemingly easy to do, i'm going to read a bit more.
          Last edited by danosaur; 03-12-2010, 04:50 PM.

Comment

Ok, will a third party with a vagcom help me and anybody who wants the chip get this done? I read up, and I can use an ecu from 2002 and below, which is IMMO-2. Then there is a vagcom process to do the immobilizer defeat, and since 2002 and under is IMMO-2, I don't believe the vin should be on it, just the immo #.

Blair, for future reference would you change the title of the thread to "anyone interested in swapping a stock ecu for a chipped one?", that way it'll come up if someone searches, and i'll link to the info on both IMMO-2 and IMMO-3 swaps.

IMMO-2
            IMMO-3

Comment

Originally posted by danosaur View Post
              just posting up to gauge interest. anybody with a 2001 1.8t interested in swapping a stock ecu + say 275$ for a chipped one?
              I would be interested seeing as I have a 2001 1.8t however I wouldn't want to deal with the immobilizer at all lol. Also what chip is it? Out of Sylvan Lake btw.

Comment

Originally posted by Shax View Post
                I would be interested seeing as I have a 2001 1.8t however I wouldn't want to deal with the immobilizer at all lol. Also what chip is it? Out of Sylvan Lake btw.
                Not entirely sure, but I believe its eurodyne.

Comment

Working...
                X