Help spring rightside up not?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help spring rightside up not?

guys I checked my front springs today and the writing was right side up aka readable normally I thought it was supposed to be upside down?? i haven't looked at my rears yet.. did C1 put them in wrong?? which would be the reason for the bigger finger gap??

I think some are supposed to be right side up, and some upside down. Not sure which is which. Seems to me its one way for the H&R Sports and the other way for the race springs. Wouldn't surprise me if it was different from front to back too. Check on Vortex. I'm sure its been discussed there.
    Pat
    Driver Found: Camber Wanted

Comment

yea i posted but no responses yet.. DALE where the hell r u??

Comment

Dales probablly in the Ultimate Fighting Championship killing peeps.

QuA
        2008 BMW 135i | M Package | JB3 | DCI | BMW Performance Exhaust

Comment

well all jokes aside i would like to know

Comment

dont worry about it lscg2.

sometimes they're printed right side up, sometimes upside down. if you've looked/installed springs before, you can see it's VERY HARD to put in the springs upside down. you'd have to be a dumbass/drunk/and trying to screw up to do this all at the same time.
            Simon

Comment

man nobody ever is gonna know what my nick means.. everyone keeps asking hahaha.. anyways.. yea simon i trust the guys I assume they are actually properly installed as its already settled oh about 1/2 a finger all around so by the weekend it should be awesome and i'll go in next week for the alignment..

Comment

So, first of all no one mentions about the basic of what motions does the spring involved. Compression and expansion that is all. Does not matter which way you put the spring as long as the side can sit on the perch without any/too much of free play. Moreover, if direction of putting the spring matters then the manufacturer will specify. Helper springs will work only when you lift up the car, to help the linear spring locate back to the proper position on the coilover perch when the car back down on the ground. No worries.
                “If you think your car is under control, you’re going slow.”

Comment

Originally posted by QuA
                  Dales probablly in the Ultimate Fighting Championship killing peeps.

QuA
                  Mike U always get a laugh out of me....( I stopped fightin in the UCC "UFC minor leagues" a while back)..... nah Ryan the Springs only go in one way so there is no way u can put them in backwards..... on my Race the front letters are rightside up and th rears are upside down.... I posted pics of this somewhere on here.....
                  Dale Willimus

Comment

oh okay thanks dale good to know yea everyone on vortex told me to stop smoking crack and they can only go in 1 way.. its all good best part about this suspension is the comfort for sure.. i have no idea what its like for you dale with stock shocks/struts but these bilsteins are so rad.. this barely feels rougher than stock sport but the handling is amazing and the drop is getting better everyday.. and still no scrapage

Comment

Working...
                    X