Winter Clean Pictures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Winter Clean Pictures

This weekend Kor, bart and I got together for a little winter prep. After spending about 9 hours on it, here are the results. I think it looks better than when I picked it up.

Step 1 - Wash
    Step 2 - Clay Bar (Mothers California Gold Clay Bar Kit)
    Step 3 - Wash Again
    Step 4 - Glaze (Meguiars #7 Show Car Glaze)
    Step 5 - Wax (Meguiars #26 High-Tech Yellow Wax)

Just wanted to share. :mrtongue:

Last edited by Billip; 10-19-2003, 10:21 PM.
    billip
    2013 Audi RS 5

looks great bill.. i know it takes so much time and effort but the results are so amazing.. i was gonna wax my car this weekend too but held off until i get the suspension on for some nice end season photos..

ps.. anyone ever do zaino? i was thinking of ordering a kit of thiers.

Comment

fine fine job Billy ...........looks awesome and that color rawks too!!!.........:mrlaugh:
      Glen
      What's a mod??

Comment

those rims look like mine now, lol. i think you scrubbed them to the primer. ahah
        2002 VW Golf GT TDI
        2016 VW Passat BiTDI

Comment

After seeing the clay/glaze/wax process in action, I doubt Zaino could look better. Its really flawless.
          KR
          Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

Looks good Bill - I'm gonna give mine a good waxin' this weekend.
            2008 Audi RS4
            2015 Fiat 500 Abarth

Comment

Nice Bill
              Nick
              There are only two infinites, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
              --Albert Einstein

Comment

so nice and shiny

What did you end up paying for the products?
                Neil
                '03 Silver Jetta 1.8T - gone, but not forgotten

mods to my car

Comment

Mothers is $9/bottle at Canadian Tire for pretty much any product they sell.

In retrospect I would go with the paste wax over the liquid wax. The can of paste is about $20 bucks.
                  KR
                  Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

The Mothers Kit was around $24, and the glaze and wax were about $12/bottle at PartSource. I definately have enough for another go around, possibly two.
                    billip
                    2013 Audi RS 5

Comment

how did you find the claybar? did it take you awhile and was it easy? I am thinking I will clay bar this weekend.
                      Paul

Mayonnaise colour Benz, I push Miracle Whips!

Comment

its easy paul.. just takes a long time and you have to make sure you have lots of the 'lube' cuz clay on paint equals smeary crap all over that you have to 'reclay' off

Comment

nice!! :thumbsup:

The claybar is awesome. It takes a bit of time to do (you pretty much have to rub every inch of your car with a little piece of clay ) Definitely plan a day to do the wash/clay/wash/glaze/wax (or whatever). But having your paint feel like silk is just awesome!

lsc2g -- I used the zaino stuff, and it turned out awesome. One thing I loved about it was how easy it is to apply and remove. I used to use the meguires gold class wax (dayum it was awesome!) but if you got it on any plastic trim, it would turn it white :( Plus you had to buff buff buff the death out of it to make the paint gleam (I've got black paint). With the zaino, it doesn't matter! You wipe it on the car, and it buffs out with minimal effort. Great stuff, honest.
                          Last edited by Flanders; 10-20-2003, 06:08 PM.
                          1.8T
                          Not quite stock anymore...

Comment

Working...
                          X