Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh my god!!!

Oh guys,

I'm so upset....I got a pretty decent dent in my poor poor car this morning... Anyone got some advice on the best bodyshop or should I just head to the dealership? It's right on the passengerside front wheelwell.

I'd like to get it fixed right away. :( Very upsetting....

Anne
    Anne
    03 silver jetta wolfsburg 1.8T

Sorry to hear that Anne. Here's a thread Bart started about Dent repair.

http://www.newveedub.com/forums/show...&threadid=1964

Seems to me, that if you don't ask for a reciept -- it's pretty cheap!

Peter

Comment

undeserved damage always sucks. I remember the first time someone opened their car door into mine, I still havent gotten that piece of molding re-painted:thumbdn:

Present
      2010 Audi A4 S-Line
      2007 VW GTI 2.0T

Past
      2003 VW Jetta GLI
      1992 VW Jetta GL
      1984 VW Rabbit GTI

Comment

if i see somebody go near my car i kill them.. i hate door dings.. i have none on my jetta so i'm lucky i guess

anyone see that thread on vortex of some guys GTI that apprantly some white trash hick in a ford f150 ramed into the guy and drove away.. all caught on tape.. buddys GTI was toasted

Comment

Heh with a thread title like that, you really scared me! You should be able to get the dent fixed like Bart did.
          KR
          Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

ha ha sorry...but of course this morning I was just a bit distressed!

I did see that thread, but forgot about it...(as I said, I really wasn't in the right frame of mind this morning..... :P )

Thanks for the reminder! I'll try to get down there this weekend.
            Anne

Comment

is it just the metal that got dinged, or is the plastic bumper bent too? And how big is it? The size of a CD? A football?
              Last edited by Flanders; 10-17-2003, 01:56 PM.
              1.8T
              Not quite stock anymore...

Comment

it might be more if its on a wheel well. i asked about that. they take the wheel off, drill of, and poke it out. mine was on the door, so rolled window down, spread the top open, shoved a thing down and poked.
                2002 VW Golf GT TDI
                2016 VW Passat BiTDI

Comment

I saw someone dent my car and then smirk. It was a SAIT teacher too. I looked at it and didnt see anything so I didnt comment. When I took it to the wash I could see the damage. Lets just say when I see that person again he's getting a few dents on his face & body.

QuA
                  2008 BMW 135i | M Package | JB3 | DCI | BMW Performance Exhaust

Comment

if i ever saw someone's door touch mine and i was close enough to yell whatever..they better have a damn good reason their door just hit mine or be prepared to have their head punched in or if its a woman my pimp hand would show her whats up :P

Comment

Dammit Flanders, always wanting details!

It's a bit bigger than a football. and only on the one pannel, didn't touch the bumper. VERY close to my wolfsburg badge...a little too close....

I've got a feeling that it will be a bit pricey seeing as it's messed up the wheel well. D'oh!
                      Anne

Comment

dayum :(

get it fixed!!!!! ain't car ownership grand? :P
                        1.8T
                        Not quite stock anymore...

Comment

Best of luck fixing it... I know its hard especially when the car is new.
                          KR
                          Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

Working...
                          X