C1 Motor Mounts Installed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• C1 Motor Mounts Installed

So I finally installed my motor mounts this weekend. Easiest job so far. The mounts definately make a difference under agressive shifting. It doesn't do the "kachunk" thing anymore when shfting fast. The down side is, just like everyone else with motor mounts, I get a LOT more vibration in the lower rpms. How long did you guys say it takes for the vibrations to settle? Other than that I likez it.:urspecial
    Neil
    '03 Silver Jetta 1.8T - gone, but not forgotten

mods to my car

The vibrations will never go away completely.
    KR
    Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

I don't really notice it anymore.

Khyron
      Geoff
      Fear is the element that unites all losers.

Comment

I don't notice mine either. I never really noticed *that* much of a difference for mine either. i didnt get C1 inserts though, I got shine racing.
        Simon

Comment

are the C1 ones the blue ones?

At first I installed the blue ones (from C1) that came with my brullen dp. Holy crap they vibrated my teeth out! I increased the idle with the vag-com, and that helped a bit....but I eventually swapped them out for the forge ones. They're much softer, and definitely not as intrusive
          1.8T
          Not quite stock anymore...

Comment

Yeah, the C1 ones are blue. I'm with you on the vibrating. It has settled a bit since I first installed them. I was thinking of getting the Forge ones to see if there is a difference. I sort of want performance without TOO much loss in refinement.

How do you like your Forge motor mounts Flanders?
            Neil

mods to my car

Comment

The blue C1 ones were vibrating me to death. I jacked up the idle to 800rpm, but it was still pissing me off. The reduction in wheelspin wasn't worth this!

Everybody said "it'll loosen up" but after a month I was fed up and ended up going with one stock and one blue mount (I kept the big one blue). This was MUCH better. I could feel the vibrations a bit, but my teeth stopped falling out.

I then went with forge (meh...for $25, why not?) and it's muuuuuch better. Only *slight* vibraions, and I still haven't managed to get my wheels to hop.

I didn't buy a new VW only to have it feel like my 20 year old POS previous car. (The only reason I put them in there in the first place was to prevent my dp from rubbing anyway.)
              1.8T
              Not quite stock anymore...

Comment

Thanks for the comments. I think I will give the Forge ones a try.
                Neil

mods to my car

Comment

VR6 vs 1.8T mounts

Has anyone tried these mounts with a VR6? I presume the vibrations would still be a bit much. And I'd hate to destroy the smoothness of the VR6!

Comment

why do you need to change them from the stock ones.. please explain.. when i shift i feel no cathunk or jottiness

Comment

Hrm I replaced mine with the C1 mounts - they are pretty quiet now. Even my wife stopped bitching about them.

Ryan - main reason is to prevent the engine from bouncing against a thicker downpipe. They also prevent wheel hop. The reason I put them in is because of my uber short shifter, less movement of the engine/tran means less time waiting for the gears to mesh. It's not a huge diff, but it was noticable. You know how sometimes you can't get it into a certain gear on the first try? That's reduced.

And damn they make starting your car a cool event. Totally different experience.

Khyron
                      Geoff
                      Fear is the element that unites all losers.

Comment

no wheel hop!

One of my big pet peeves - wheel hop under cornering!

Comment

Yes, startup is cool. You know your car has started.
                          Neil

mods to my car

Comment

The rough vibrations on a Auto is unbearble sometimes. Im thinking about switching to Forge if it helps out at all.

QuA
                            2008 BMW 135i | M Package | JB3 | DCI | BMW Performance Exhaust

Comment

Well, the C1 mounts have been on for about a week now and either I've gotten used to them or they have settled quite a bit. Actually, I think it's a combo of both. I can live with these mounts. I still might try the Forge ones still for shits and giggles.
                              Last edited by 1.8Trip; 10-20-2003, 03:16 PM.
                              Neil

mods to my car

Comment

Working...
                              X