CAI and Winter?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CAI and Winter?

I'm leaning towards taking my CAI off for the winter because I've noticed on colder mornings that the engine seems to stumble and "chug" along for the first couple minutes and then it runs ok once its sorta warm.

What are all you guys out there doing with your CAI's for the winter? Have any of you guys kept it on for the winter?
    Bryce

2002 Jetta 1.8T Baltic Green Tiptronic
    APR 91, Carbonio CAI, Samco TIH, 2.5" Brullen Turbo-back, ABD Lower Intercooler Pipe, Forge 007 DV

just put on a HAI in the winter.
    2002 VW Golf GT TDI
    2016 VW Passat BiTDI

Comment

I'm gonna keep mine on this winter and see how things go. So far, I haven't noticed any diff in startup on cooler mornings.
      Last edited by 1.8Trip; 10-13-2003, 09:32 AM.
      Neil
      '03 Silver Jetta 1.8T - gone, but not forgotten

mods to my car

Comment

you'll be fine with a stock bumper as the plastic pieces actually block stuff quite good.. its springtime when its hella dirty and slushly i would get worried as of the huge puddles and just crap in the environment but i guess you clean it after spring so that works out

Comment

I'm gonna try mine out htis winter...hopefuly everything rins smooth.... but like u said Ryan the spring time is when i might get it off for a bit until the puddles go down from Lakes to small ponds
          Dale Willimus

Comment

Working...
          X