Should I put it on???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should I put it on???

Hey guys should I install my suspension this week??:( I would love to feel it but damn I'm gonna plow so bad but I guess I will be next winter anyways:yahsure: hmmm i guess i'll see..
    yea beotch get that shiz going
    0%
    no.. rent the car to the city as a plow :P
    0%

hmm okay i might just do this instead cuz its not that hard and all wouldn't take more than an hour..

1st- install the suspension no front sway.. i don't drive hard enough for it to rub :P
    2nd- remove pwzo front piece (takes 10 minutes)
    3rd- remove pwzo grill
    4th- install stock lower black valence and stock grill
    5th- wax the shiz outta my car and wheels
    6th- if snow is too crappy buy some 17" winters for the LBs

i think this is whats gonna go down.. !!! muahahahahahhahahahaha

btw guys enjoy the long weekend..

Comment

Do it!!
      Nick
      There are only two infinites, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
      --Albert Einstein

Comment

Do it. Last year it didn't really snow much till like December. BUT, when it did snow, Rocky Ridge was a freaking nightmare. I was driving my mk2 Jetta with three times the ground clearance and I was still plowing along the ridge.

BTW, let us know how the install goes. I'm curious for when I put mine on
        Derick

Comment

anybody have a good place for installs or should I just go to concept1.. hopefully it won't cost an arm and a leg..
          next meet i'll be showing up stock looking but with a painted rear and lowered :(

Comment

You're not doing it yourself?
            Derick

Comment

Well, I wouldn't do it, wait until after February. Just my .02 from someone with aftermarket suspension
              Paul

Mayonnaise colour Benz, I push Miracle Whips!

Comment

do it. i drove my gli around on 17's with stock rubber slammed last winter before i raised it up and threw on 18s

Present
                2010 Audi A4 S-Line
                2007 VW GTI 2.0T

Past
                2003 VW Jetta GLI
                1992 VW Jetta GL
                1984 VW Rabbit GTI

Comment

i wouldnt do it either, i'm waiting till after winter
                  Art || Tornado Red Jetta GLI

Comment

IMO. Get your car stuck in the snow isn’t fun at all but good snow tires always help.

The reality thing is that winter will come every year. So, that make no difference with lowering the car now or next year. Get your car a set of coilovers that will return the 4 by 4 stock height will solve the problems.

What springs are you going to put?
                    “If you think your car is under control, you’re going slow.”

Comment

Do coilovers actually return the care to the original height? I assumed that it wasn't quite original height. If I am wrong, then that's a good thing.
                      Paul

Mayonnaise colour Benz, I push Miracle Whips!

Comment

i have bilstein sport shocks/struts and H&R race springs.. and no i won't install them myself i have no clue oh ambrose i did this suspension to see how i like it if i dont' like it as much as I'm thinking I will i'm gonna toss coils on
                        Last edited by R_Ethug; 10-11-2003, 10:01 AM.

Comment

The original height is too high anyhow... plenty of cars are lower when stock. I don't think in the Calgary winters it will be a problem.
                          KR
                          Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

yea kris thats what i'm thinking.. you gotta remember that BMWs and audis come stock with a ride height of like 2finger gap all around well forget about the quattro advantage but i've seen people rolling thier stock bmw 17's and they were fine.. plus the roads I take are gonna be plowed all the time anyways.. never had an issue last year with the beater..

Comment

Do it Ryan. Winter comes every year. What diff does it make? This year, next year. In the end you will plow when there is snow. Even cars at stock heights will plow.
                              Neil
                              '03 Silver Jetta 1.8T - gone, but not forgotten

mods to my car

Comment

Working...
                              X