Product Upgrades

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Product Upgrades

Yeah the coolant stuff in our VW's (G12) is not compatible with anything else I've found... Not even that water wetter stuff...

Aluminum heads and cast blocks are not the best combo in the world but G12 seems to be the best out there to prevent corosion and deposits.

I ALMOST went with the Redline stuff but I got some castrol trans fluid instead... I got it for REALLY cheap... where I bought it the dude made a mistake unless he liked doing 50% off to cool customers.

Tell me how you like the Autolites and how much they are because I should be running a range colder too.

Also... the tranny only uses around 2 liters... I did the change myself. Any more than 2 liters and the oil starts pouring out the filler hole

Comment

Re: Product Upgrades

Originally posted by Fluidic Digital
      Going to Concept-1 today... getting new tranny fluid installed... coolant flush... and new spark plugs.

I screwed up -- I mixed both red and green antifreeze coolant in my T -- they mixed and now it's a sludge.

Moving to the Autolite 3922 Spark Plugs -- gapped at .028 -- one range colder then stock.

Redline MT-90 Transmission Fluid (3.78 litres) all the way -- going to see if it helps my second gear grind issue.

I'll let you know later. :thumbsup:

Peter
      Wow, that's a lot of modding for one trip:mrlaugh: Are you sure you can handle it? How many HP do you expect?
      Jay

Comment

Re: Product Upgrades

Originally posted by Fluidic Digital

...Redline MT-90 Transmission Fluid (3.78 litres) all the way -- going to see if it helps my second gear grind issue...

Peter
        MT-90, of course they wouldn't put 90 into the description if they didn't mean "will give 90 extra butt dyno hp"
        Jay

Comment

Did you notice any immediate difference in shift smoothness? I've been debating upgrading the gear oil with myself but I keep winning.

Khyron
          Geoff
          Fear is the element that unites all losers.

Comment

Working...
          X