Backed into in Drive-thru

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Backed into in Drive-thru

If you drive into someones car, you are clearly not in reverse.

Comment

it's 50/50. The same as if you were in a parking lot and some idiot drove into the back of your car.

I forget the exact wording on the reason (it was explained by a traffic cop on a different forum) but it has to do with the fact there are no specified lanes and such in parking lots and related areas, and that its basically a free for all and therefore hard to assess liability.
      Team Highschool
      Twin Turbo Turbo Smurf Avant

www.ctsturbo.com - the home for all your turbo needs. PM me for details.

Comment

Originally posted by Russell View Post
        I don't understand how this can be true, what if I am in the Drive-thru and some guy drives into the back of my car?
        Simple it's called no fault insurance..........parking lots are the worst check out B.C i believe now it's all 50/50.
        If you did'nt get a statement of fault good luck.
        These are the situations where you keep a cool head right a statement on what happened and make him/her sign with a drivers license number and insurance number.

Been there and done that.

Comment

Alright! Dude accepted 100% liability! Stellar.

A few things remain:

-Do I go through Td Melloche, or though buddy's agent State Farm Insurance? I don't really know if there is a difference.

-Who to use for the repair? Calgary Coachworks is approved by StateFarm and Apparently TD Melloche also, according to the Calgary Coachworks' website.

-What's the chance of deal on getting my lowers sanded and painted at the same time?

If I go through Cosmos Collision, they'll have to send out an appraiser. I may take this option yet.

If someone from Cosmos is reading this, can I get a deal on my lowers if I go through you?

Comment

Originally posted by VWSM View Post
            Simple it's called no fault insurance..........parking lots are the worst check out B.C i believe now it's all 50/50.
            If you did'nt get a statement of fault good luck.
            These are the situations where you keep a cool head right a statement on what happened and make him/her sign with a drivers license number and insurance number.

Been there and done that.
            It just seems crazy that it is automatic 50/50 in a parking lot... like if you have a parked car and someone hits it is it still 50/50?
            2001.5 Audi S4

Originally posted by James
            My engine may be a solid 4 liters smaller than yours, but i have a HUGE penis

Comment

Hell no

Comment

You have to go through TD, they will do everything for you and then bill Allstate back for the work on buddy's policy after it is all said and done. Just tell them who you want to use, I did it last year and it was fine once they sent a guy out.
                Current: Golf R and a corporate lease nobody cares about

Comment

Was that here, or back east?

Comment

My insurance was from Calgary TD and the shop was in Halifax. Just tell them where you want to take it, TD will goto bat for you and bill the other guys insurance for it.

Comment

I guess I'll go through TD Melloche?

Comment

Yes, they will take care of everything for you.

Comment

3 Things:

1. PM me. This EXACT situation has happened to me.
                          2. Relax. Meloche Monnex has the best reputation in the business.
                          3. Go to Cosmos, do not pass go, do not collect $200, go directly to Loc at Cosmos!

Cheers... Deuce.
                          Rob
                          Daddy's "Hooligan" - MK4 R32 in Deep Blue Pearl
                          Mommy's "Gran Turismo" - E70 X5M in Black Sapphire Metallic

GONE... BUT NOT FORGOTTEN:

The Family "Muscle Car" - B7 RS4 in Misano Red - Dad's 20th Anniversary "Wanna-be R32" GTi

Comment

Originally posted by RONDAL View Post
                            accidents where the car is in reverse are 100% at fault to the person in reverse.
                            all other accidents in parking lots are 50/50.
                            Not true. The right of way rule applies in parking lots as well. And the police investigation/case is taken into account, but whether or not charges are laid do not necessarily effect how your insurance company will settle the claim. If there are no independent witnesses then all bets are off because its your word against his if your stories don't match and it will likely be settled 50/50.

Comment

Originally posted by Deuce View Post
                              2. Relax. Meloche Monnex has the best reputation in the business.
                              I find that hard to believe. The amount I was screwed over by them was stifling.
                              Name: Brent
                              His: '04 TDI Golf Mods: None If it's smoken it ain't broken
                              Family: '15 Jetta Sportwagon
                              Fun car: '92 Blue Karmann Crabby Cabby Mods: Coils, front and rear swaybars, LED interior lights and some other old things.

Comment

If you get into a parking lot accident the cops won't even show up unless of an injury.
                                Insurance companies go 50/50 even if you have a written statement of guilt.
                                Just ask your agent after your car get's fixed..The only thing is you don't have to pay the deductible.
                                Your lucky you have full coverage PLPD you'd be out of pocket.
                                Comprehensive you have a chance.
                                Full coverage yeah your covered and the companies do their closed door deals.

Comment

Working...
                                X