76000km not so great

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 76000km not so great

Well electronic problems seem to have found a home. I hope this is nothing to serious. Stereo stopped working, horn quite and sunroof opened completely when moving switch to vent from the open position. I removed the stereo fuse and re-installed (not replaced) and now the stereo works but steering wheel stereo controls don't work and neither does the horn and it is not a fuse either. Oh well to the dealership I go.
    Matt
    ================
    Diesel's are soooo much fun.

That's no good. Let me know how it goes...
    --------------------------------------------------
    Ian
    '06 Jetta TDI - Shadow Blue - my demo
    '06 Jetta 2.5 - Platinum Grey - Mom's Car
    '03 Jetta 1.8T - Reflex Silver - SOLD
    '99 Golf 2.0 - Black - SOLD
    '93 Jetta 2.0 - Black - Dad's Car
    '92 Jetta 1.8 - Grey - Sister's Car
    '90 Jetta 1.8 - White - FOR SALE
    '90 Jetta 2-Door - Black - soon!
    --------------------------------------------------

Comment

Problem fixed...dealer checked the wiring and apparently there was nothing wrong. When I replaced the fuse and had the spark apprently it reset some circuit breaker, and then i replaced one of the fuses in the wrong spot and that disabled the steering wheel. Damn i hate that fuse box there are no proper labels for anything. Oh well I have to wait until it happens again.
      Matt
      ================

Comment

i hate getting sparks when pulling/installing fuses.. hey did you use the lil white clippies in there.. i just figured out what that thing was the other day when i put my console back together haha

Comment

you bet man. That thing works pretty slick on small fuses and the shits on big ones. Oh well can't win em all.
          Matt
          ================

Comment

Working...
          X