Boost leak b4 Wutefest!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boost leak b4 Wutefest!!!

hey guys i have a semi-major boost leak. i changed the pcv hoses and a broken n75 wich i thought was it for sure. still leaks at like 10psi. anything els i can check?
    Ryan
    Old & Sold:
    2002 Jetta 1.8T
    2001 A4 1.8T

Current:
    2000 Audi S3 Imola Yellow
    2015 Fusion 2.0L Turbo AWD

Re: Boost leak b4 Wutefest!!!

I had a bad boost leak on my 1.8t ended up being the small hose either to the boost gauge or boost controller (cant remember)just before the firewall. Leaks can be a real pita to find.
    2012 gti, 2012 mustang.

Comment

check you boost pressure sensor might be shorting out...... then check the intake book that happened to me and if you have the water meth kit check the meth injectors
      Work in progress 3.0 liter S4 build

Comment

There is a DIY on vortex for checking a boost...the downside u will need a compressor!

What u could do is while the car is running, just move different vacuum/boost lines around! Thats how i managed to find a pretty big rip in one of my hoses!
        Originally posted by RedMile
        Don't bug the receiver though, he's far to busy to help you out.
        Originally posted by Smarty39
        haha, thanks man...I take it you're the receiver lol?

Comment

yea im getting calgary autoworks to smoketest it monday. there is just to much hose to check visualy i tried to find it for about 4 hours yesterday and no luck. Its weird cause first gear i hit like 15psi then second ill hit 11ish and then it falls to 7 and stays there for 3rd 4rth and 5th.
          Ryan
          Old & Sold:
          2002 Jetta 1.8T
          2001 A4 1.8T

Current:
          2000 Audi S3 Imola Yellow
          2015 Fusion 2.0L Turbo AWD

Comment

Working...
          X