passat w8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: passat w8

if you want fun buy a b5 s4.. trust me best car i've owned.. well aslong as you take care of it.. its a great car but has its quirks for sure

Comment

that's the problem i want so much, and it changes on a weekly basis. either way it's nice to know the w8 isn't something i should be looking at.

Comment

well the 2.7t can be a pita too but you gotta find the right car.. seriously tho you could buy a used stage 3 for decent money

you could get a v8 b6 s4 too the prices aren't bad.. it won't be as rockety as a b5 but still a fun car to drive

Comment

Originally posted by VRado6 View Post
          No, that would be a 2L TDI. Golfs and Jettas got the 1.9L.

My bad.
          Well ya learn something new everyday
          Certified 3m installer
          jwukovits@me.com
          1-403-988-9012
          Instagram @Protectit
          I always thought I was strange. Now I have a Saab and it's official I'm strange......

2014 Ram 2500 Cummins Lifted on 35's
          2011 Jeep Rubicon 2dr Not Stock
          2004 Saab 9-3 2.0T Daily and Stock(for now)

Comment

Are the B5 S4's Turbocharged or Twin Tubrocharged?
            Patryk
            Instagram: @parkus08

91 BMW 340is ///M-Tech II - Under construction
            08 VW .:R32
            04 Audi A4 Avant 1.8TQ

Comment

twin turbo

Comment

Honestly if you want AWD luxury car go Audi. Like my younger brother Said the Passat is good with 4 cylinder engines, but 6 makes things a little too tight.
                The TDi, well the 2.0 has a major downfall, look up Balance shaft issues, or the oil chain on TDICLUB in the B5 Passat section. There is a fix, ain't cheap, but once it is done the problem should be gone.
                Only problem is that the TDi only came in a slush box, one of the better ones, but still a slush box. The suspension is from an A4, and the motor setup is the same as well.

Heavier then the Golf and Jetta's and can't take Jetta, but puts up a real good fight.

Ben
                Ben
                2016 Ram 3500 Laramie
                2000 Jetta TDi, Dead and removing parts
                2005 Passat Wagon TDi, 310,000 km's and counting, BSM delete done....Trans died going to replace
                Her's
                2016 Toyota Highlander XLE Pearl White

Comment

i would by a W8 or W12 Passat no problem they are fantastic cars..yes they require more labor but if done by the proper Mechanic and not a Tech you'll be fine..(no flat rate guys)
                  and don't listen to sale guys they just want to sell cars...lol
                  if you like the car buy it and bring it to the right place or person..
                  it's an exotic car whether you guys like it or not.
                  Pay for what you can afford.
                  And for the new V.W'S stay away turn thecar upside down might as well say made in Taiwan..
                  People complained about MKIV Try the MKV..
                  Last edited by VWSM; 05-02-2009, 05:01 AM.

Comment

i agree ^^^ when we looked at a b6 passat wagon holy fark were parts cheap as crap! my old mk4 was built better.. after going back into an audi it was no comparison in the difference in quality

Comment

i don't have much to complain about in my mkv gti, it's far superior to the wifes 09 civic. i just want a bigger car in the next little while. maybe i'll pay mine out then look at getting something bigger.

i would like to get something from the states but are dollar is still to low to look at that

Comment

not true.. some cases yes but others you can still save on if you look

Comment

Working...
                        X