Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need some TT short shifter info please...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need some TT short shifter info please...

OK, I need to be schooled here :ed: What's the deal with the Audi TT short shifter.

How much? Where to buy? How effective is it? Install? If anybody here has one, please let me know.

Thanks!
    Derick

umm i paid 30 bucks for mine off vortex.. i think its 35US new though so pretty cheap..
    effectiveness- its so much nicer than stock.. 100x better but it will wear off after a week and will feel normal again but yea its awesome for how cheap it is
    install- well unless you fook it up like I did it shouldnt' take you more than 20 minutes.. hardest part is removing the stupid old one and yanking until you lift you car off the ground :P
    since you live in rocky ridge i could come over and help u since i imagine your 30 seconds away

Comment

I bought mine @ Dealer and it was 36 or 38 bucks..... install is easy, except for the yankin as Ryan said.... Feels like your not supposed to be pulling that hard but u have too. Its a great mod though one of my first ones.
      Dale Willimus

Comment

Thanks for the info guys. When you yank it off, are you supposed to use a small pry-bar or something? Or just reef on it like Mike Tyson on his Hoes? I just wanna make sure I got the right tools here. Thinking of going to Glenmore Audi tomorrow (I'm assuming I can pick one up there).

Ryan, thanks and I might have to take you up on your offer. We're gonna be doing alot of mods here in a couple of weeks or so, so I'll let you know. Real Monster Garage kinda stuff:mrlaugh: Two mk4's, two Mk2's and a whack of goodies. Don't worry though, as is the case with our modding sessions, there will be plenty of beer on hand ..... At least you won't have to drive far to get home.

Oh yeah, does anyone have a part number?
        Derick

Comment

umm a quick search on vortex should give you what you need.. if you have a 02+ make sure the PN has the 'A' on the end..
          c-town i'm away this weekend but back next week and yea i'll help u no problem.. as for the yanking this is my story.. i pulled on that bastard for 15 minutes and it woulnd't come and a buddy of mine in rocky ridge came over and he somehow pulled it off in 30 seconds he said he just kinda went back and forth and it came off..

Comment

Yeah, C-town. All you gotta do is grab the thing by the handle and wiggle it slightly as you are pulling up on it. The install is super simple if you have the stock airbox out. The p/n is 8N0-711-051 and as Ryan said, 'A' at the end if yours has pins rather than ball joints attaching to the linkages. I'm in the hood too so if you need a hand, let me know.
            Neil
            '03 Silver Jetta 1.8T - gone, but not forgotten

mods to my car

Comment

I am selling a Concept-1 short shifter for $100 (regular $225) if you are interested.
              Yuval
              2008 Volvo C30 T5

Comment

What percent throw reduction does the C1 shifter have?
                Derick

Comment

Stock, 20% and 40%.

I would recommend the TT shifter over the C1 any day!

Peter

Comment

Yeah, I think it would be nice to have VAG designed parts if I had the choice. Also, I'm looking to pick up two of them, so I'll prbably just stick with the TT.
                    Derick

Comment

yea man you can't tell the diff under the hood with the TT or stock unit.. hey on the install do you have a CAI? cuz it totally helps then you dont' have to remove the airbox

Comment

I'm planing on ordering a CAI so I want to do the shifter at the same time. The other Jetta we're putting a shifter into is going to have the stock airbox painted. So I want to work it all so that it can all be done in one afternoon.
                        Derick

Comment

I plan on painting my engine cover, battery box, and maybe my EVO CAI but i dunno if thats good for the CAIs heat properties

Comment

Working...
                          X