smoking tails

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• smoking tails

i want to smoke my tails and im not sure which route i should take. i can either spray em and sand and clearcoat etc. or lamin-x them, i want to got from this:

To this:

Any suggestions?
    Ryan
    Old & Sold:
    2002 Jetta 1.8T
    2001 A4 1.8T

Current:
    2000 Audi S3 Imola Yellow
    2015 Fusion 2.0L Turbo AWD

Re: smoking tails

i dunno if you can get that look wihtout buying new tails, if they even exist. BUT i bought taillight tint off ebay and i think itll look fine, a lot of people do it on e46fanatics, and if it looks like ass just peel it off
    I bought 20% tint, but im waiting for my new taillights in the mail
    sigpic

Comment

Full writeup:
      http://www.corrado-club.ca/mods/tailtints.html

CivicDXR on Beyond darkened the clear part of his tails with Niteshades as well. The result:
      Last edited by nismodrifter; 04-05-2009, 01:59 AM.

Comment

http://www.eurodrivers.ca/forums/showthread.php?t=16292

Comment

of course he could smoke them but theyll look like the red civic and NOT like the gti he posted, thats why i said i'd try tint film and if it fails peel it off
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by a_n9ne View Post
            of course he could smoke them but theyll look like the red civic and NOT like the gti he posted, thats why i said i'd try tint film and if it fails peel it off

The ones on the GTI are also crystal style, no way to duplicate that.

Comment

I've used the spray on stuff a few times and it does the job i ok,these were friends or customer cars and they didn't want to shell out the dough for a decent aftermarket set but i won't do my own.It can be tricky to apply and runs easily.There is a vast difference between what you would apply and quality aftermarket.

Comment

Working...
              X