• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I see. Thanks for the insight guys.
    Neil
    '03 Silver Jetta 1.8T - gone, but not forgotten

mods to my car

Comment

On the VW that equipped with Xenon headlights. The ECU on them comes with the function that you can diagnose the headlights and make changes. Are you ready to get a spare ECU to do that? The cost of doing that is not affordable to most people and is not easy enough to hookup with the ECU. And the second thing to concern is if that will the “Euro” ECU work together with the components in my NA specs car? Are you ready to troubleshoot the airbags deploy time/rate and different fuel quality issues?

Call those HID kits “Poor Man Xenon”. Yes, they are cheap but it works. And who doesn’t want to drive a better car in the first place?
      “If you think your car is under control, you’re going slow.”

Comment

Originally posted by lsc2g
        yea blair thats what I could never figure out about stupid acuras.. the TLs CLs and new TSX all have xenons for real but they don't use projectors.. kinda dumb.. then the old integras had projector headlights but were just halogens.. ??

Before you badmouth the ACURA’s Xenon to make most of us happy for nothing why don’t you explain the beam pattern on those headlights produce that make you feel STUPIT? Projectors are not the GOD that only solution applies to car’s. They are widely used by major companies because the cost is cheaper to design/produce.

The Japanese’s car market is very interesting because some stupid options that only happened to cost people in NA and Europe are STANDARD most of the time. Xenon “standard”, Leather interior “standard”, Navigation system “standard”, and Massage seats “standard”. Oh ya.
        “If you think your car is under control, you’re going slow.”

Comment

ambrose nah before I always saw cars with projectors for xenons then when I worked for acura i was like huh!! it kinda bugged me they looked fine and all but I like the projector look better.. plus it really bugged me how the integras had projectors but no HIDs in them? but i guess xenons weren't hot at that time either..

ps.. yea i hate euros for thier options.. we get the royal screw job here for sure

Comment

TRBO-GTI is out of stock for BORA OEM HID for a long while... :(
            Luv Dub...

Comment

So Dale, what are these cheaper hids you speak of? where can I get some? I am definetly not willing to fork out a couple grand for some OEM stuff.
              Paul

Mayonnaise colour Benz, I push Miracle Whips!

Comment

paul umm Inpro has made these new lights for GTIs so far no jettas.. that are Ecodes but with a lowbeam projector with angel eyes built in !!!!!!!!!!!! they are like 325US a set right now.. www.tmtuning.com has them no HIDS but i have no idea if you can add the ballasts,etc or not??

Comment

thanks ryan, light are the last thing on my list, but i may have to bump those puppies up
                  Paul

Mayonnaise colour Benz, I push Miracle Whips!

Comment

Working...
                  X