wierd knock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wierd knock

hey guys just got a clutch kit installed through concept 1 Thursday (auto-tech light weight fly wheel and Sachs VR6 clutch), tonight i got out of my car while it was running and noticed a wired knock (sounds like something is moving around) coming from the engine bay, thinking it was the clutch set up i got into the car and pressed in the clutch, the sound went away, let the clutch back out and the sound came back not sure what this could be.. the car is going back to concept 1 on Monday but just wondering what you think this might be.

o and the car is a 2000 jetta 1.8T

thanks
    Jonathan

Current
    02 Audi S3 - Low and Slow phase II follow the build @j_gheron
    04 GLI low and slow OG
    Past
    02 Laser S4//605'd//aquamisted//EPLed
    00 Jetta 1.8T OEM+

Re: wierd knock

Clutch chatter from the lightened flywheel...happens to some ppl and not to others. I highly doubt there is anything that can be done about it unless u go back to the stock flywheel
    Originally posted by RedMile
    Don't bug the receiver though, he's far to busy to help you out.
    Originally posted by Smarty39
    haha, thanks man...I take it you're the receiver lol?

Comment

mine is quite bad on my tdi. I dont really notice it anymore, but started with the light flywheel and vr6 clutch combo. noise goes away with clutch in. Not sure what exactly causes it.
      Stefan
      -> '19 Deep Black Pearl Alltrack
      -> '05 Urban Grey Passat Wagon TDI.
      -> Past rides: '14 Allroad, 06 Mazda5, '98 Jetta K2, '01 Jetta TDI, '91 Mazda B2200, '81 Toyota Cressida
      -> FutuRe Ride...??!

Comment

I have the same at idle and have the single mass clutch and lightened flywheel. Its a common thing apparently
        Eric..

Nobody knows everything, but everybody knows something you don't!

Comment

part of the purpose of a dual mass is to dampen vibration. You loose that with a lightened single mass.
          Stefan
          -> '19 Deep Black Pearl Alltrack
          -> '05 Urban Grey Passat Wagon TDI.
          -> Past rides: '14 Allroad, 06 Mazda5, '98 Jetta K2, '01 Jetta TDI, '91 Mazda B2200, '81 Toyota Cressida
          -> FutuRe Ride...??!

Comment

Working...
          X