Headlight bulbs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Headlight bulbs

how the fook do you change your headlight bulbs?? the owners manaul says to get the dealer to do it.. yea ****** sure:yahsure: :yahsure:
    on the passenger side i undid these metal things and took the back off and pulled the harness off the stock bulb but how do i get the bulb out..

how to i get the drivers side off.. it looks like there is no space

Cool, what bulbs did you get?
    Neil
    '03 Silver Jetta 1.8T - gone, but not forgotten

mods to my car

Comment

sylvania silverstars.. but they are useless cuz i can't get the ****** stock ones out.. wtf!? peter anybody care to explain

Comment

i'm sure peter will explain when he gets a chance. i got bart to show me how to do it on my golf, apparently its different for the jetta.
        Simon

Comment

Nice. I was gonna pick some up one the way home tonite. Crappy tire has them on sale I think. Saw a commercial for them yesterday.
          Neil

mods to my car

Comment

nevermind i got it.. nah dude crappy tire doesn't carry them.. never has .. they have the cool blue ones..i checked last week at dalhousie to make sure before i got these ones i dunno they might now.. anyways lit up in the garage they look awesome.. can't wait to try them tommorow morning and see if its different..

btw the removal/install is stupid as hell.. once you remove the harness you have to turn this wheel thingy .. its actually easy but installing them there is no room and you gotta be careful not to scratch the bulb or its toast..

Comment

Did u have to re-aim your headlights or is everything good?
              Bryce

2002 Jetta 1.8T Baltic Green Tiptronic
              APR 91, Carbonio CAI, Samco TIH, 2.5" Brullen Turbo-back, ABD Lower Intercooler Pipe, Forge 007 DV

Comment

no

Comment

Just installed my Silverstars. Way brighter than the stock lights. I bought em at crappy tire on the way home. Ryan, I think you couldn't find them before cuz they had them by themselves at the parts counter (at least at the Hunterhorn C-tire). Got em for $28 each. Is that about right?
                  Neil

mods to my car

Comment

Damn it no Silverstars fgor Golfs
                    Dale Willimus

Comment

Originally posted by Holksvagon
                      Damn it no Silverstars fgor Golfs
                      Not so Dale. I've got a solution for your Golf. How about the JDM product I brought from overseas with 6000K. Welcome to compare with the Osram.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
                      “If you think your car is under control, you’re going slow.”

Comment

hey neil thats probably why then DOH.. oh well i'll check sometime this week if I stop by.. i never thought about that yea they are pretty expensive.. 28 is a good price though.. holksvagen(dale) said they go for 80 in edmonton for a set.. I got mine off ebay for 30 bucks after shipping!! haha

Comment

Yep Partsource carries them here and they are likke 70-80.

Ambrose send me a PM with prices and info on those OSram
                          Dale Willimus

Comment

oh btw these silverstars are very nice.. way better than stock.. still no real HID but they look fantastic and brighten up the road awesome.. oh they are also 55/65W so they arent' going to burn out or melt your harnesses

Comment

I have those blue Eurolites and they are better than stock but alway looking for sumthin brighter
                              Dale Willimus

Comment

Working...
                              X