Tranny+Vw Dealer=Long Wait

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tranny+Vw Dealer=Long Wait

Hey guys, Dropped the car off at Southgate VW for them do fix my Tansmission. 3rd gear and thge 3rd gear syncro. They said 2 days now they say Friday to pick it thats 5 days to do the transmission... Is this the right amount of time to do this?
    Dale Willimus

Somtimes the parts system (it sucks) slows the process down. The new wharehouse in vancouver helps but if the part isn't there it comes from the states. That might be why it could take so long.

Comment

All the parts are in I waited almost 2 weeks to get them in.... now its just install.....
      Dale Willimus

Comment

what was wrong dale? 3rd gear grind? People on vortex always say our 5pds suck but mine has never given me greif ever.

Comment

It cost eight hours to pull that out and put back in pluse the time they service the gears and gaskets. If all parts in question are sitting there for replacement then the time is about right. But you never know what will they discover once open up the tranny.:mrtongue:
          “If you think your car is under control, you’re going slow.”

Comment

Ya the 3rd gear is hooped... have to hold it in until u fully relaese clutch
            Dale Willimus

Comment

Re: You don't want to hear this...

note - this began August 15.

Comment

Wow, there must be an inherent issue with the tranny 'cuz this is the 3 case I've heard of in the last month.:(
                Neil
                '03 Silver Jetta 1.8T - gone, but not forgotten

mods to my car

Comment

not sure

Mine was a drivers side output bearing. This one is a synchro, what was the othere you'd heard of?

Comment

They told me Synco and 3rd gear but who knows what else they will find in there... I just hope i get it back someday
                    Dale Willimus

Comment

Re: not sure

Originally posted by kuhli
                      Mine was a drivers side output bearing. This one is a synchro, what was the othere you'd heard of?
                      George, one the VW techs at NL, said he had to get his tranny replaced (under warranty) on his 20AE. He didn't say what the problem was.
                      Neil
                      '03 Silver Jetta 1.8T - gone, but not forgotten

mods to my car

Comment

new tranny on a new 20th WTF??!!

Comment

they told me the same thing, the 6 speeds aren't faring so well...

Comment

damn thats silly.. eurotuner said the new 6speed is the best VW tranny to date... oh well I hope none of our 6spders have issues..

Comment

Well i went to VW today and guess what.... they decided my car needs more mods so they put some nice pinstriping down the side care of a fuggin key or sumthin... So now i have a nice long scratch in my rear quater panel... **** am I pissed... And the parts for more stuff they found wont be here until Fri... Man I think all VW dealers are full of ****
                              Dale Willimus

Comment

Working...
                              X