Door Rattle, booooo!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Door Rattle, booooo!

Awesome, my car has another rattling noise Can anyone tell me what a metal on metal sounding rattle in my passenger side door might be? It sounds like a metal button that snaps on to something, and has come loose. Sounds as if it is lightly rattling against something.

SO VERY ANNOYING.
    I took off the door card and drove with it off to make sure, but there's something in the door (under the metal piece) that is causing it. I don't know the procedure to disassemble the door any further than that, so any help is appreciated!

-paul

Re: Door Rattle, booooo!

Here's the DIY for removing the metal panel. Takes maybe a couple hours to remove and put back with moderate mechanical skill.

http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=1015107
    Jeff
    Current: 2017 Audi A4 2.0T Quattro S-Line
    Previous: 2007 Audi A4 2.0T Quattro S-Line, 2001 VW Jetta

Comment

I have a similar sound in my drivers door sounds like its coming from the tweeter, id say check that out.
      Calgary Autoworks

2004.5 Jetta GLI
      2005 Audi Allroad

Comment

I could get your door apart in 10 mins. I have done a few thousand power window clips in MK4's. If you need a helping hand, give me a pm. I'd be happy to lend a hand.

I'm not sure what you could be hearing though. perhaps its the cable for the handle. Or maybe you have got something that fell into the bottom of the door.
        TWO TON ENGINE LIFT/CRANE FOR RENT
        PM me if you need one!!

Comment

Working...
        X